• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Lubbock is in the middle of nowhere and isnt near anything. If you arent going to Tech I dont know why one would go visit....that being said I am glad you like it. I will take your word on the dust storms!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sounds like the valve has failed - look for a valve in the water line under the hood - two of 'em goin' to the heater core. One will have a pnuematic or manual valve running to it. If pnuematic, it'll be vacuum operated. The hose might have fallen off, or it is stuck. Sometimes you can work 'em manually to loosen 'em up an' they'll work again - probably hasn't been moved since last winter.

Should be vacuum. And that's right where I'd look first if the engine is making operating temp.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    If the heater core failed... old trick was to place a dowel inside the hose to keep water from leaking inside. It's been said before... check to see if the hoses are open. If the core leaks, you'll know with water on the floor boards when you get the water flowing again.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I want to thank everyone for there help with my suburban. My heater is working great now, reconnected the hose at the rear of the manifold and that did the trick.

Dave

Top Bottom