• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well we all love our pets, maybe that's why we don't kill them....wait, ( maybe I was thinking of wives), either way, they're gonna do something that infuriates you, but...you're gonna laugh, sooner or later. If not, maybe you shouldn't be married, or have pets.

George just spilled a glass of water off my TV tray, the one place I constantly tell these rats to stay off of, for that very reason. But these rats are like cats, they don't take direction well.

Soooo....post your laughable near death (for them) pet experiences.
    Gun Zone Deals

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Buddys excellent adventure: This was his 3rd time that month after 10 pm and costing $256 each time. The vet laughed and said he was going to give him a frequent porcupine card and after he gets to 10 the next one is free...with luck he finally stopped or the porcupine ran out of quills...this boy puts "hunt" in that dog will hunt! Best hunting dog I have ever seen, he is a game getter...

img_0366-3_med_hr.jpg

img_0372-2_med_hr.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My dog bear, a German Shepherd, is 12. For starters don’t name your pet bear. Every dog I have ever known named bear chews on their ass or gets a bald spot on their ass. He’s been good for a while but IMO if you name your dog bear you increase the odds of skin disorders or bad luck.

In his old age he still understands I’m in charge but he’s picked up on the fact I go easy on him these days. It’s the little things. He’s still a good dog; he will always be a good dog. I’m a big fan of long haired gsd types ie shiloh, Czech, king over regular gsd’s. Their amazing dogs. Best family dog around.

I rarely get mad at him in his old age now but on my road trip to Texas I got a good laugh. I had a bit of truck trouble in New Mexico, got it figured out, was ready to get back on the road. Gave bear some water. He’s always had an issue drinking water too fast and sometimes he pukes from it. So I get in my seat, start the truck up, and hear him throw up. I’m just laughing. It’s all you can do lol.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I rarely get mad at him in his old age now but on my road trip to Texas I got a good laugh. I had a bit of truck trouble in New Mexico, got it figured out, was ready to get back on the road. Gave bear some water. He’s always had an issue drinking water too fast and sometimes he pukes from it. So I get in my seat, start the truck up, and hear him throw up. I’m just laughing. It’s all you can do lol.
    We've got a new'ish pup with the water problem. I have to manage his intake, or up it comes. Usually what I do is take him outside and let him drink from my hand/hose, so I can regulate how much and how fast he can drink it. He's definitely not a dog you just leave a water bowl out. If we're going to be outside for a while I'll fill the bowl and let him go to town, doesn't seem to bother him much to drink/puke/repeat.

He's kind of a hyper dog, but at least somewhat trainable. He does try at least. When I get home and he's in his kennel, if I could hook him up to a generator I'd probably be able to run the neighborhood on how much he spins around in there until I can get him out. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it. Always on my heels when he's out, and always wants to be touching me. The worst part though? He cannot keep his tongue in his mouth! He licks and licks and licks EVERYTHING and everyone. If I could fix that one aspect, it'd be a huge win.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    We were recently out of town for a week, and when we returned my wife insisted our puppy sleep on the bed with us. We both really missed that sweet girl while we were gone, so I agreed.

Middle of the night I had to pee (you old guys know what I mean). I looked up and the puppy was sleeping with her head on the wife's pillow, facing her. Like two inches away. Every time my wife moved, the dog would lick her in the face. lololol She told me she was up all night.

It might be cute if it was a little 5 lb shitzu. This is a 60 lb, 8 month old lab/pit mix. We're talking major slime event every time she showed her some love.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    We've got a new'ish pup with the water problem. I have to manage his intake, or up it comes. Usually what I do is take him outside and let him drink from my hand/hose, so I can regulate how much and how fast he can drink it. He's definitely not a dog you just leave a water bowl out. If we're going to be outside for a while I'll fill the bowl and let him go to town, doesn't seem to bother him much to drink/puke/repeat.

He's kind of a hyper dog, but at least somewhat trainable. He does try at least. When I get home and he's in his kennel, if I could hook him up to a generator I'd probably be able to run the neighborhood on how much he spins around in there until I can get him out. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it. Always on my heels when he's out, and always wants to be touching me. The worst part though? He cannot keep his tongue in his mouth! He licks and licks and licks EVERYTHING and everyone. If I could fix that one aspect, it'd be a huge win.
    Here’s a story you will cringe at. Bear got into a peanut butter mre packet. I put it up, it was out of the norm. He really wanted that peanut butter. What gets me is in his older age he needs steps to get up in the truck. So my peanut butter was what should have been out of reach. He decides he’s going to put some serious effort into getting it. Pretty annoying how crafty a dog gets when left alone sometimes. He eats the wrapper and all. I don’t notice anything because the crime scene is clean. I didn’t realize we had a problem until that night. Woke up to lake diarrhea. Seen a chunk of wrapper. I’m all crap. You better pass this dog. I’m thinking if it doesn’t improve it’s stuck in his upper intestine and needs a vet. Give him some water before I’m about to make an appointment. Drinks water too fast. Throws up the rest of the wrapper. Totally ok after.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Here’s a story you will cringe at. Bear got into a peanut butter mre packet. I put it up, it was out of the norm. He really wanted that peanut butter. What gets me is in his older age he needs steps to get up in the truck. So my peanut butter was what should have been out of reach. He decides he’s going to put some serious effort into getting it. Pretty annoying how crafty a dog gets when left alone sometimes. He eats the wrapper and all. I don’t notice anything because the crime scene is clean. I didn’t realize we had a problem until that night. Woke up to lake diarrhea. Seen a chunk of wrapper. I’m all crap. You better pass this dog. I’m thinking if it doesn’t improve it’s stuck in his upper intestine and needs a vet. Give him some water before I’m about to make an appointment. Drinks water too fast. Throws up the rest of the wrapper. Totally ok after.
    Have a heart, they are just little furry children.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Random thought: I hate the term "fur babies". They're not my children, they're my pets. To each their own, though.

I have ligustrum bushes along the iron fence around the yard, and I've had to stay on my dog's ass to not eat the leaves. I try to keep them trimmed back, but his little head used to fit through the bars. He's bigger and pretty well trained now, but it was tough keeping him away when we first got him. I had to put up some uuuugggglllyyyy white plastic lattice around the cedar tree in the back yard, he kept trying to eat the mulch. I think we're about out of that stage, finally.

LminusV

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Georgetown
    My daughter and her dog Max had moved back home for awhile last year. One day I had taken him outside to do his "business" and noticed what looked like a worm hanging out of him. Well, I went and got a pair of gloves to extract it. You guessed it! His nickname is now "Maxi-pad" and I do not let him lick on me anymore.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My daughter and her dog Max had moved back home for awhile last year. One day I had taken him outside to do his "business" and noticed what looked like a worm hanging out of him. Well, I went and got a pair of gloves to extract it. You guessed it! His nickname is now "Maxi-pad" and I do not let him lick on me anymore.

I feel you. My dog loves to dig in the bathroom trash. Fortunately the worst she can get to is a cardboard soap box. But she shreds those things to tiny pieces.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas

Hmmmm....I'm going to have to try taking off the wrapper next time I get some Reeses.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Hmmmm....I'm going to have to try taking off the wrapper next time I get some Reeses.
    An mre cheese spread/peanut butter package is very thick and tough. I suspect a thin foil wrapper like that on some Reese’s or the paper wrapper would pass easy in a large dog.

Top Bottom