• ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Sometimes. Was that you?

I admit, I bought one in .40 a while back when I decided to dabble with the round and see if I wanted to switch from 9mm. It shot alright. I was shooting out to about 100 yards with it. It was no tack driver but it was consistent with a lot of hold over. I had feed problems though. If I only loaded 6 rounds it worked fine but over that and I'd get 1-2 mag failures. I assumed the mag spring was too stuff and needed to be broke in. Sold it to my brother. He has had the same issues. Bought a new mag and still same issues. I'm gonna get it back and see what I can do with it to make it feed right. I think the feed lips are the issue.

nero14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I am curious and not mocking, but how did the park police notice your concealed gun?

He only knew because he asked for ID for unrelated matter, so I provided him my DL and CHL. Then things went way down hill quickly.

For clarity, unrelated matter was me sitting at a picnic table with my school books studying for my final the following day an hour after the park closed.

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    Sometimes. Was that you?

I admit, I bought one in .40 a while back when I decided to dabble with the round and see if I wanted to switch from 9mm. It shot alright. I was shooting out to about 100 yards with it. It was no tack driver but it was consistent with a lot of hold over. I had feed problems though. If I only loaded 6 rounds it worked fine but over that and I'd get 1-2 mag failures. I assumed the mag spring was too stuff and needed to be broke in. Sold it to my brother. He has had the same issues. Bought a new mag and still same issues. I'm gonna get it back and see what I can do with it to make it feed right. I think the feed lips are the issue.

No it's not me. I carry an HK USP V1 9mm or a Sig P250c 40sw. I live in the southside. The HiPoint magazines are the problem not the gun. Sometimes a tweak or two with pliers does the trick.

I had a HiPoint 4095TS carbine. Never a problem with it. I sold it to fund my MP15 Sports 5.56 carbine.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ah, I forgot about the carbines. I had bought one for my wife. Just sold it off to buy my daughters one of those mp5 22s.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    He only knew because he asked for ID for unrelated matter, so I provided him my DL and CHL. Then things went way down hill quickly.

For clarity, unrelated matter was me sitting at a picnic table with my school books studying for my final the following day an hour after the park closed.

So you got busted because you showed him a legal license ............... makes it kinda' hard to try to be honest! At least you tried, good that you got it dismissed. :green:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just wanted to share some of my OC experiences where they may make a difference to my community. I'm seeing a lot of signs not in compliance. I'm typically one to cause a scene but haven't thus far and don't plan to on this issue.

Almost every gas station I have been to/neat has a 30.07 sign. There's a cheveron at 1604/kitty hawk that has a door on either side of the building. I walked in from the north side and the lady said it wasn't allowed. I asked her to show me a sign and she took me out the opposite side. I told her they needed one at the side I entered from as well. It's been 6 weeks. No sign on that side yet...

Yesterday at whole foods. Blanco/1604
    f2e770048676d46473890ec3eaedf550.jpg

Can you read that sign? I couldn't until i was at the door. I kindly spoke with the manager and told him his sign is not to code and its frustrating to get all the way to the door before I can even KIND OF see a sign. He said he would alert cooperate as they make the signs.

Same quality sign at sprout's 282/Donella and every HEB I have been to...

Trader Joes has a sign that I'd white one black but hard to read. Couldn't read it from my car.

Taco cabana at Pat booker/kitty hawk in universal city
    7c390a5abe3d0b8dd54f4c855e0b10a9.jpg

Fair enough, though not legal. Small and unreadable at a distance, but I conceled at the door because my family and I were planning to sit and eat some tacos.

How have your experiences been with signage?

Why would you ask for a sign when given verbal notice?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not OP, but probably because the law is very specific on the sign requirements to deny CC and OC in Texas.

His point is that signage is irrelevant once given verbal notice.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

sounds like you're just a darned trouble maker

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Do you ever visit city parks? I imagine this wouldn't be smart to OC in a park but I ask because I was ticketed and disarmed a couple years ago for concealing in a park. Took it to court, was dismissed, but the police and the city never gave a consistent answer on whether they prohibited it.

Park police said it depended on who was supervising.

So the rules change depending upon who's sitting in the throne? What a fucking joke.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't believe they can ban carry in city parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Why would you ask for a sign when given verbal notice?
    I asked to see if I missed it. I looked, I didn't see, I carried. I asked where the sign was because I wanted to see if it was correct so I could educate them if it wasn't. I hate walking into a building and seeing a clear sign at the door which I couldn't see from my car. I usually let the manager know the sign is wrong and ask if they can get it corrected, just like I asked at whole foods Sunday.

Soccerdad1995

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2016
    I don't believe they can ban carry in city parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct, sir.

To be clear, it is also against the law for the city to post signs or give verbal notice that guns are prohibited on city / county owned property. There is a process for filing complaints with the AG and he has just recently started to take some action.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I asked to see if I missed it. I looked, I didn't see, I carried. I asked where the sign was because I wanted to see if it was correct so I could educate them if it wasn't. I hate walking into a building and seeing a clear sign at the door which I couldn't see from my car. I usually let the manager know the sign is wrong and ask if they can get it corrected, just like I asked at whole foods Sunday.

Incorrecly posted 30.06 signs are our friends - please don't mention those to folks or they will correct them.

30.07 (standalone) on the other hand I'm all for mentioning - some will realize the sign requirements and decide to not post.

The hard truth is the legislature essentially "allows" improper signage since verbal notice suffices, so a wrong sign is just pre-notice that you're about to get verbal notice, IMO.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I have read the statute multiple times and do not think the one-inch, Spanish, and conspicuous elements are required. If they have

"a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: 'Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun'"

you have been given notice.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    it says pursuant to 30.06 and in 30.06 the size language ect is clearly defined. So if they offer an incorrect sign it does not fit 30.06 so is invalid as a warning

Top Bottom