• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Genesis CNC

Sep 3, 2013
    I thought I would post something from our blog that I wrote that isn't a sales pitch for you, in fact I don't even mention our fantastic .308 80% lower receiver in the article. Comments are welcome.

~

No One Is Coming To Take Your Guns

The Liberal Lie

We keep hearing the same thing; they do not want to take our guns. We are just gun nuts that have mental issues and persecution problems. They just want to register our guns, so they know where they are, so the kids can be safer.

However, history tells a different story, every time a gun registration scheme has been implemented, a gun confiscation occurred sometime after. I do not just mean the history I have shared before; I mean it is happening right now in this country.

California

One of the first states to make serious attempts to actually confiscate firearms did so by using the Armed Prohibited Persons System (APPS) and the registration of handguns they had previously implemented. The purpose of this unit is strictly gun confiscation and they cross-reference the handgun registration with criminal or welfare system records. Therefore, a firearm that was legally purchased at one time could now be confiscated based on new criteria that makes the owner ineligible to purchase firearms.

The problem is that they keep adding new stuff to the list of what makes someone ineligible or making outright mistakes with their confiscation lists. Therefore, you can be a legal gun owner one day and the next day banned from owning firearms just because they changed the rules that you had followed.

You do not even have to be a convicted criminal to be targeted for gun confiscation; all that is required is the designation by the state’s Welfare system that you are “a danger to himself or others.”

The criteria for being designated such a danger is a subjective and arbitrary determination by state agencies notorious for their liberal views. As such, there is a strong likelihood of these confiscations being abused.

The searches are done without warrants unless you insist on one, at which point the officers dressed in black body armor will surround the house until a warrant is obtained.

Because California now requires registration of all firearms sold or transferred, you can expect that any change in firearms laws (adding new definitions for assault weapons, etc.) will be quickly followed by door-to-door gun confiscations.

The County of Los Angeles has even made it unlawful to have a gun in your home that is not under your control or locked up. How will they enforce this? More of this and other city specific firearms laws in my next article.

New York

The New York SAFE Act has been anything but safe for citizen’s Second Amendment rights and their specific firearms. The legislation that was rushed through in the middle of the night just weeks following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School paves the way for the confiscation of millions of legally purchased firearms.

The Act mandated the registration of “assault weapons” while also changing the definition of them as well. Existing weapons were not grandfathered in, nor were any magazines over 10 rounds, no compensation was made to people forced to turn over or remove these items from the state.

Widespread noncompliance is assumed with only 23,847 people registering their assault weapons rather than the close to one million that were expected. And with good reason, some parts of the law are already being used to confiscate weapons.

The police in Suffolk County (SCPD) called a member of the Pagans motorcycle club and told him that his pistol permits were under review because of his alleged membership in the Pagans MC. They asked him to come in for an interview and to bring his 10 legally owned and registered handguns with him.

However, they did not intend to interview him at all. The Police ordered him to surrender his firearms and his pistol permit because of his association with a motorcycle club, something that is a First Amendment right; the police violated his Second Amendment right.

This is not some biker with a police record a mile long, this man has a squeaky-clean record, never having been convicted of a crime. Aside from his motorcycle club membership, he has done nothing to be put on the police department’s radar.
    Where will this end? What if the NRA is labeled a terrorist organization as many liberals have called for? When a god given right is subject to the whims of the police, local, state or federal government it quickly becomes endangered.

“From my cold, dead hands!” – Charleton Heston

In Buffalo, NY, they are actually taking guns from cold dead hands so to speak. Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derrenda announced that his department would be sending officers to collect guns that belonged to pistol permit holders who had recently died, so “they don’t end up in the wrong hands.”

According to state law, if the permit holder dies, the estate has 15 days to dispose of the guns or turn them in to authorities, who can hold the weapons up to two years. A violation of the law by survivors is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine.

While these people are grieving, the police show up and ask for their loved ones firearms, many will turn them over without realizing the collection could be worth a fortune. My biggest fear has always been that after my death, my wife would sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

New Orleans

“No one will be able to be armed. We will take all weapons. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns.”

With these few words, two men began an illegal crusade that confiscated thousands of firearms. In doing so, they also unleashed one of the biggest crime waves this country has ever seen. The two men were New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Superintendent Eddie Compass and they did it during Hurricane Katrina, when the citizens needed them the most.

A police force too small to maintain law and order and too busy stealing guns from their lawful owners left the law-abiding citizens unarmed while hundreds of criminals were looting homes and businesses, defacing property, and carrying out violent crimes like rape and murder.

Some of these illegally seized weapons were never returned and many were kept for as long as three years before a lawsuit by the NRA allowed their return. If your guns can be taken when you need them the most, how secure are your Second Amendment rights actually?

A City Near You

Maybe not yet, but you can bet if there are at least two liberals in your city, gun control has been a topic of discussion between them. Yes, that is a generality, just as not all Republicans are against abortion, but the statement is correct ninety percent of the time, so we will go with it.

The state, local governments and police have violated the Second Amendment in California by creating an “approved” firearm lists that infringes on the rights of citizens to buy firearms; as well as constantly changing the laws of who and what is approved.

They lied in the case of Suffolk County, there is no law that says they can take guns away from law-abiding citizens just because they belong to a club the police do not like. They have taken advantage of the bereaved in Buffalo and the desperate in New Orleans. Obviously, they have a goal to take away our firearms while telling us that they will never do so.

So, are you going to believe their words or their actions?

Bill Kendall
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• swatraid1.jpg
      swatraid1.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 208

oldag

TGT Addict
    Feb 19, 2015
    Overall, good points.

However, some MC's have been officially designated as criminal organizations and rightfully so (e.g., Bandidos). Being a member of a criminal organization can make firearm possession illegal in some states. Folks may or may not agree with those laws, but if not they need to get them changed. And I have no idea whether or not the Pagans have been designated a criminal organization.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's a powerful article but I'm not surprised. I turned the mind numbing TV off and have been listening to shortwave radio and the lower end of the AM radio band. They tell it like it is! I don't believe ALL of what I hear, but it sure fills in a lot of "blanks" that Liberals leave.

It's amazing that our Left leaning media "forgets" to inform our people about abuses outlined in that article. It's all about propaganda and control!

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Our media lies to us constantly! When Deputy Goforth was murdered, because I don't have a job, I caught the very first reports of the murder. The reporter said that a woman who was a passenger in Goforth's car, cradled his body while crying hysterically, after the shooting. She was identified as Goforth's "Best Friend".

Just a few hours later, all mention of this eye witness disappeared and in the following days, she disappeared from any mention of the case. Her involvement in this murder as an eye witness, was suppressed.

The attorney for the murderer, dug into the case and knew that if Goforth was on a pleasure trip instead of "On Duty", the killer might escape the death penalty. It looks like he succeeded.

He dug deeper and found that one of the investigators on the case had sex with the same woman! The investigator was fired or otherwise removed from the case. Reporting about this tragic murder is leaving a trail of slime in all directions!

I don't have a dog in the Goforth murder/infidelity battle and relate this story only to illustrate the point: Our news is modified, packaged, sanitized and spun in any direction the Libtards choose. Don't believe a damned word of it!

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom