• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I'm glad I can carry my weapon, one young buck on our street put us on equal terms. Me retired old guy, him athlete body over 6' around 30'ish. Trouble a few times over his pitbull, one time I told him I was seconds away from shooting his dog, he said he'd shoot me. He lost his job with ATT because of a DUI arrest, COVID hit, he finally had to move.
    Texas SOT

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I'm sure the people down the road think I'm the nosey neighbor. I go outside at least every half hour and look around just to stretch my knee and back. I also have Gag a maggot syndrome LOL I won't get into that but if I don't head outside or to the bathroom it could get nasty. My family always says shut the door.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago there was a story about a guy was witnessing a break in of a neighbor. He called 911, while on the phone he told dispatch he was going outside with his shotgun. While he was on the phone he shot the bad guy. It was in the Houston area, anyway I talked to my neighbor about me watching his house and he would watch mine.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Years ago there was a story about a guy was witnessing a break in of a neighbor. He called 911, while on the phone he told dispatch he was going outside with his shotgun. While he was on the phone he shot the bad guy. It was in the Houston area, anyway I talked to my neighbor about me watching his house and he would watch mine.

Joe Horn.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’m careful with neighbors until I’m confident that they are safe.

Afterwards I just ignore the guns & bombs.

Our ATF Guy did walk over a couple years back to check the bombs, but came back saying they were legal, just black powder like fireworks kinds.

We have had two armed felon intruders since November 2023, and are alert to intruders.

I was prepared to shoot the second, but a Deputy showed-up & the BG got caught.

Nowadays, there are no safe places.

leVieux

<>

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    My guess it takes a special king of person to live in Terlingua
    That has been said. I live 30 miles or so north of Terlingua, really in the middle of nowhere. Brewster county, largest county in Texas, 6,192 square miles, county population around 9,500 if I remember right with the county seat, Alpine having around 5,900 of them. I think I remember reading that after you remove Alpine and it's population the rest of us have a population density of like 2 people per square mile. Just the way I like it, no neighbors :)

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    That has been said. I live 30 miles or so north of Terlingua, really in the middle of nowhere. Brewster county, largest county in Texas, 6,192 square miles, county population around 9,500 if I remember right with the county seat, Alpine having around 5,900 of them. I think I remember reading that after you remove Alpine and it's population the rest of us have a population density of like 2 people per square mile. Just the way I like it, no neighbors :)
    Sure, but what's the population density during the Terlingua Chili Cook off?:fire:

Top Bottom