• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ... but i figured this would be a good spot as it is stil .22 cal

i find myself attracted to this.

an air pistol (PCP type, precharged pneumatic) in .22 cal that you can charge via air tank, air compressor or hand pump, ( no need for c02s, and more power) is a 6 shot repeater (with an internal revolving moon clip type thingy)

and here is the kicker, when pumped to about 3000 psi, with some light ammo, can hit speeds around 1000 fps...

in a air pistol?!?!

this is too cool. would be a fine addition to my BOB, thing of it, melt down soft metals over a camp fire make your own pellets, pump up your gun with your hand pump and have enough power to get medium sized game or even defend in a pinch against 2 legged pedators...

would be interesting to figure out how to make a 'suppressor' for it like the gamo whisper. except screw or snap on :)

since it is an airgun nfa rules dont apply right? i mean the whisper doesnt require a trax stamp eh? (yet)
    Hurley's Gold

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    nobody thinks this is cool?

i must tbe the only airgun nerd on this site. lol

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    since it is an airgun nfa rules dont apply right? i mean the whisper doesnt require a trax stamp eh? (yet)

No, it doesn't. Because the suppressor doesn't come off. If it did, BATFE would have a fit. I remember when they ruled that removable airgun (actually paintball gun) suppressors fell under the same category as the real thing, because they "could be" used on a real gun and have some tiny benefit...

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    No, it doesn't. Because the suppressor doesn't come off. If it did, BATFE would have a fit. I remember when they ruled that removable airgun (actually paintball gun) suppressors fell under the same category as the real thing, because they "could be" used on a real gun and have some tiny benefit...

id like to see how BATFE decided to word that without sounding absolutely silly

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Air Shotgun?! ... That almost sounds worth playing with!

In the city of Austin discharging an air rifle / pellet gun is against city ordinance. I still hear the kid next door outside jacking with his BB gun occasionally. Hell, I used to gas tree rats in the backyard with a pellet gun.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I'm in Travis County, and yeah, it's a fun air gun to play with. In scattergun mode it shoots 17 #9 shot pellets. Enough to make scrambled eggs out of snake brain. I'm gettin too darn old to chop them up with a hoe. Well worth the 99 bucks.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Props for thinking about it, but remember that the pump isn't an ordinary pump, and that you will be pumping alot. Also, without some sort of moisture remover, your pump may die pretty soon in the SHTF on the run outdoors environment. I will have, when I get back to the states, a shoebox compressor, an HPAed RWS 850, and a Marauder, or Evanix Rainstorm (if they finally make it) in .25 for the bigger stuff. Will be quieter, and cheaper than a rimfire.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LoL i totally forgot the link! lmao my bad.

Evanix Hunting Master AR6, 0.22Cal - Evanix - PreCharged Pistols

there has got to be a cheaper one somewhere...

i found some data on it too the other night. will look around for that as well. this also comes as a rifle as well.

also i have been trying to resist buying an air shotgun. that sounds way fun to me for sure. especially with a smooth bore.

though i would totally opt for a .22 smooth bore shotgun that takes the .22 lr shotshells.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    There are other alternatives to the AR6. Their rifles are recockulously powerful though. Makes most if not all American PCP repeaters have shrinkage. You should look into the Crosman pistols, not the marauder pistols, but the older 22xx pistols. They can be bought all kind of modded, but they are not true repeaters yet, you must buy a magazine setup, and you must manually index the magazine.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    My son and I still shoot Airguns in the backyard. Gamo whisper and Daisy 1000. The Daisy has an awfully loud report. It too is against city ordinance here for dishcharging an airgun in the city limits. The neighbor across the alley has called PD on us twice while shooting. Until that time I had not bothered to call or look up city rules. We were not ticketed. The officer saw our target box and let us off.

Top Bottom