• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHT447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2016
    Welcome to Texas. I hope you love it as much as this native Texan does. I'm about 20 minutes South of you, feel free to pm me with any questions about the area.

Thank you, and thanks to all for your kind words of welcome.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    So. Wife and I born, raised, and lived most of our adult lives in what used to be California. Two of our grown kids started careers in the DFW area, so here we are as well. We did not leave Kalifornia, it left us. We grew up there when Ronald Reagan was governor. This is not our first time in Texas. Do a search on Charles Downie and Terrell County. He was my Great Grandfather on my mother's side. Family still owns ground out there and I have hunted there many times over the years. My wife's lineage goes up to Paris/Roxton. We moved here last November---so glad to be out of the nanny state. Feels like we finally came up for air.

I am a veteran of the Cold War. My primary MOS (by choice) was Small Arms Repair.
    19 years as a sole proprietor FFL in Kalifornia (I'm still a little twitchy, but recovering).
    My specialty is building AR15 platforms.
    NRA Highpower Rifle Master (1990).

Last retail position I worked was at Huntington's in Oroville, CA. Yes, as in Fred Huntington, the guy who founded RCBS.

Looking forward to making new friends and maybe find a gun shop that needs some part time help.

Glad to have you and congrats on the move!

justinbowser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Crowley, TX
    Welcome from another Cold War survivor. I was Army Aviation but was Unit Armorer the last few years I was in. Unfortunately all I got to do was tell the slobs to, "Bring it back when it's clean..." :(

Top Bottom