• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have had the same insurance guy fo damn near 40 years. He said lots of companies are pulling out of Texas.

That excuse going on everywehre. Farmers allegedly pulling out of a bunch of states and raising rates in others.

Have heard the excuse of "well accidents have gone up in your area, so rates are going up" when asked why they're raising rates with zero claims on the policy.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Just paid my homeowners insurance. Talk about getting bent over. I won't even get a calendar for this ass rape, from them.
    I paid my property taxes two weeks ago. I am pretty sure I paid more tax that my father paid to buy the house that I grew up in.

And the county also charges me property tax on my business and while it is considerbly less than the tax on my house, it pisses me off more.
    Why? Because I do not conduct my business in this county, have no customers in this county and all of my equipment is mobile and is only used in the areas where I do business. But my mail comes to my house, so the county considered it theirs. :mad: :bomb:

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    From what I hear many people are going without insurance because it is so expensive.
    Got me to thinking.

One of the reasons I have considered living in a fully sprinklered high rise is that insurance should be cheap, maybe unnecessary. Last time I checked, it was (to me) astonishingly expensive.

I should check again. I just paid my insurance and I'm pretty motivated right now.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Spring of 2023 we had a bad hail storm in my neighborhood. State Farm has paid just shy of $90k so far between the house and 3 damaged vehicles. I say so far because SWMBO’s vehicle is finally going into the body shop next week. Everything else has had a supplemental claim filed when being repaired, so I figure her vehicle will too. That should bring it over $100k total that State Farm paid out.

After all those claims, my insurance went up $25 per month. I can’t complain about that too much.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Spring of 2023 we had a bad hail storm in my neighborhood. State Farm has paid just shy of $90k so far between the house and 3 damaged vehicles. I say so far because SWMBO’s vehicle is finally going into the body shop next week. Everything else has had a supplemental claim filed when being repaired, so I figure her vehicle will too. That should bring it over $100k total that State Farm paid out.

After all those claims, my insurance went up $25 per month. I can’t complain about that too much.
    Yep, better to have insurance! Many years ago I was a dumbass and sold my car to my son who then dropped insurance to liability only without me knowing. He hits a cow, car is totaled and takes me 5 days to find someone willing to pay $800 scrap value for it...which is what the towing and storage fees amounted to in that time. 12 years later, he still owes me about $7k for that car.

I was also laid off in 2022 and thought I'd find a job soon so no health insurance - another dumbass thought. Nope and then I had major health issues beginning in early 2023. Luckily, some Covid change allowed me to reinstate my old work's Cobra benefit 5 months after being riffed. Billed charges to insurance were just over $994k last year and I would hate to have been stuck with that amount without insurance.

Top Bottom