• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Lately I have seen the lowest prices in years on a number of firearms. Is this the time to buy?

It looks like the sales pipeline is full and they have to move them out. Is anyone else noticing this?

There will surely come a spike in prices in the near future. Don't kick yourself later, buy now.

No, I do not work for anyone in the industry, it is just my observation.

Now if ammo prices would just follow....
    Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, there is glut of anything AR related and sales have slowed since spring. A number of AR's are $499. Our Distributors are saying it's been a slow summer for everyone.....

There are some really decent discounts on some pistols right now too...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't think many guns are going to get much cheaper than they are right now. The market is pretty flooded.

Well, except Saigas. Just saw a used modded out one for almost $3000.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Seeing a lot of good deals out there. About to get real rough for those who bought AR's at a premium and didn't dump them. Hope they really wanted one and weren't planning on flipping it.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    i was in gander mountain the other weekend. they had so many guns it was nauseating. the ammo was piled up all over. sadly, all the ammo was 25% over market price...thats why it was sitting there.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sadly, the gun builders reacted to market forces late hoping to capitalize on high prices, while the secondary market was filling that niche.

In time, the market was saturated, and now they are stuck with huge amounts of inventory they cannot move with out massive discounts and capital losses.

The same for center fire ammunition. All the high-demand center fire ammunition is back in stock -- getting to be heavily over stocked very soon.

Prices are high still, but with time, prices will plummet, because the ammo factories refused to break out of their shells to meet demand. They could not ramp up quickly to meet demand, and when they eventually did, the shortage broke.

When 9 mm drops to $.15/round, buy all you can afford. The same for .45 Auto at $.25/round, .40 S&W at $.20/round, and 5.56 or .223 Rem at $.18/round.

The .22 LR bubble will burst come September. When Academy can keep 50-round boxes on the shelf for days on end, and on-line vendors can fill every target/match grade .22 LR order at pre-Newtown prices, the days of want will soon be done.

Just remember to stock up on all your favorite rounds before the next panic appears.

In my recollection, we had panics in 1993, 2007, and 2013.

In 1993 I was lucky to have a neighbor who shared his stockpile with me. In 2007 I had enough to share with close friends and neighbors.

In 2013 & 2014, I shared and bought all I could find.

Be well.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Yeah gun prices are down as long as you don't go to Collector's lol. Seriously, a factory stock AK74 for ~$1500, may as well just rob me for it at that price.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Where are you seeing them for $800? Everywhere I look is around $900.

http://www.bachmanguns.com/

paraqyqa.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah gun prices are down as long as you don't go to Collector's lol. Seriously, a factory stock AK74 for ~$1500, may as well just rob me for it at that price.

Russian imports are up right now because of the import ban. Everything else is down pretty much.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The Colt 6920 is the gold standard. It would be difficult to go wrong at that price. They are throwing a free Colt jacket for a limited time.

Too many choices... VZ58 $399.00, Tavor $1599.00, HK P30 $799.00 , Colt 6920 MOE $899.00, ATI MP5 .22's start at $229.00.

It is a great time to have spendable cash and room in the safe....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom