Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Seriously, though, the market has been having problems for a long time. Covid showed a lot of girls that with a tripod for their iPhone, a couple of lights, and a half-way clean corner in their bedroom, they could make money by showing skin without ever leaving the comfort of home. I expected this sort of shortage long before Covid so I'm not surprised to see it making the news now.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Is OP going to apply?

Ewww.gif

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't think there is a shortage in Austin
    College towns nearly always have enough labor to fill the positions. Also at work in college towns is the fact that the girls actually have jobs (being a student) so they often don't have time to manage an online presence. It's pretty easy for them to just drop around the club occasionally when they need extra money.

Of course, the industry in all the college towns in Texas is about to get whacked really, really hard. The gov signed a new law a few days ago that raises the minimum age to be employed in a strip club to 21. When that goes into effect, a bunch of labor will disappear. (ETA: The law went into effect the day it was signed, June 1. Isn't that unusual for new laws in Texas?)

Well, things are always changing. When the minimum age to dance was raised from 17 to 18, not that many high-schoolers were put out of work. This new law will really hurt a bunch of college girls but I have faith they'll adapt.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Back in my pipeline days, a small group of us ended up on Bourbon St. in N.O. One of the guys wanted to go to one of those clubs where girls and guys are all dressed as girls. We vetoed that idea, but ended up at a strip club there. As the old joke goes, if you get bored you can always check their tattoos for spelling mistakes. ("I didn't know there were 3 "R"s in "Harley Davidson") Those girls must have put makeup on their entire bodies with a paint roller in order to try to cover up the bad tattoos. Guys near the dance floor had to put napkins over their drinks to keep the stuff flaking off from getting into the glass. Each girl would dance a while, count their money, and then run out to a kiosk of some sort in a nearby alley. They'd come back a few minutes later, red-eyed and fired up for more dancing. (Our guess was coke.) Spending an hour in there could easily convince you to never do that again.

Weirdly enough, a guy I knew from high school was in Houston doing some business and ran into a college friend of his. His old friend was a manager and part owner of one of the best strip clubs in town, and of course invited him to the club. He told me later about the stuff the manager was telling him about working there. He said the dancers could make a lot of money (1980s, well over $100,000/yr and mostly untaxed), but most of them ended up broke because of boyfriends (or girlfriends) and/or drugs. He said there wasn't a night where some girl wasn't crying back in the dressing room because some drunk told her she was fat or her breasts were uneven. He said you'd think they'd develop a thicker skin than that, but no. Then he'd have to toss the customer out or risk the other dancers getting even with him. Around this same time, one of the guys I worked with shared an apartment with a couple of other guys and the girl next door to them was a stripper. (And very good looking, even without makeup.) We were watching a football game over there and she let herself in and asked if she could have a beer. Tim told her to help herself. She got a beer and came in and flopped down on the couch and asked the score. Only at that point did I realize that she was only wearing a bikini bottom. She left after the beer and I had to ask WTF just happened. Tim said she did that all the time and it was pretty irritating as she had a live-in boyfriend. I pointed out that the girl who lived in the apartment next to me looked like Jabba-the-Hut's ugliest sister, so maybe this wasn't the worst situation.

I read somewhere that millenials don't go to strip clubs or to Las Vegas and so it's likely that some or all of those businesses will be disappearing in the near future.

F***ing millenials.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    Just wait. Big pharma will be all over Biden. Just think of the money they are losing with the corresponding drop in VD.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'd rather go to a museum than a strip joint.

Am I a prude?

Nah, when I was a high school kid living near the Tex-Mex border I was known by my first name in a couple of ho-houses. Coulda been a guide to all of them in Neuvo Laredo.

The lowest of the bunch: The 'One Two Three Club, this place was downright scary and fun, but my favorites were the 'Diamenta Azul', but eventually I preferred 'Delias Place' for it's quiet ambiance...

I was a good customer, but after awhile I was jaded.

Such places had started to bore me.

The drunken, leering s-bags frequenting these places slowly lost it's appeal...

So, yeah, I'd rather read a book or go to a museum than these sleazy joints, yet they seem never to lose their appeal to some...

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I'd rather go to a museum than a strip joint.

Am I a prude?

Nah, when I was a high school kid living near the Tex-Mex border I was known by my first name in a couple of ho-houses. Coulda been a guide to all of them in Neuvo Laredo.

The lowest of the bunch: The 'One Two Three Club, this place was downright scary and fun, but my favorites were the 'Diamenta Azul', but eventually I preferred 'Delias Place' for it's quiet ambiance...

I was a good customer, but after awhile I was jaded.

Such places had started to bore me.

The drunken, leering s-bags frequenting these places slowly lost it's appeal...

So, yeah, I'd rather read a book or go to a museum than these sleazy joints, yet they seem never to lose their appeal to some...
    I think we are on the same page. I am not going to some sleazy establishment to be surrounded with the usual clientele in order to watch skanks I wouldn't touch with someone else's johnson.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think we are on the same page.
    That makes three of us. A good strip club with a good kitchen can be a fine place to go for the lunch buffet while looking at pretty scenery. As for actually making contact? Not my cup o' tea any more.

Side benefit of my attitude about the clubs - I can be approached by very pretty girls and tell them to get lost because I'm not interested instead of hearing it from them...which has been the case for most of my life. Turnabout's fair play and all, right? :)

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    The shortage will not go away

With sites like OnlyFans, girls can do their thing from home without all the complications of going to a brick and mortar club, plus nobody is bossing them around and they have a global audience, not just a local, so the earning potential is unlimited. It can be set up with a paywall, or operate on just tips from viewers. It’s become popular with women from college age up to housewives and even grandmas.

This has been a topic of discussion on a few podcasts I’ve listened to in the last few months.

It is a growing trend.

Another example: It seems that gamers can make pretty good money by streaming their play on sites like Twitch. Viewers either pay to watch, or can tip. Same as with the girls above.

I would have never thought that these kinds of things would become commonplace in my lifetime.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom