• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Surprised a new 'regulated' car can actually go that fast. I can't prove it but... the son of the owner of the grocery store I worked at senior year HS got 'ticketed' for going 151mph in a 1968 silver fastback Cuda with a 383. It was on the Illinois tollway between Lake Forest and the Wisconsin border. We were both too stupid to understand. I don't recall it had seat belts either. The good ol' days...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    a 1968 silver fastback Cuda with a 383. It was on the Illinois tollway between Lake Forest and the Wisconsin border. We were both too stupid to understand. I don't recall it had seat belts either. The good ol' days...
    :D Great car.

I suspect the Vette in question had been tuned.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I'll see your speed and raise you a mobile fireball: This happened yesterday about 20 miles from my house.

That’s classic, must be a TGT member.
    F65B2352-3F1B-42AD-AD9E-BE494346D18E.jpeg

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    The fastest I ever drove on a public highway was back in March 1988 on the E30 between Osnabruck and the Dutch border. I got my speedo needle up to 147mph and kept it there for about 20 minutes. I got rather used to the speed but as the Autobhan ended at the Dutch border and turned into and ordinary road I was rather shocked how quickly the change rushed up on me. A few months earlier I had been Driving eastbound on the same road with the needle on 142mph when I was passed by a 7series BMW like I was standing still.

Back in those days I was driving one of these.
    A-Special-Era-at-the-End-of-Series-1-CX-Turbo-Models-1.jpg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm surprised there's enough public roadway in the US that is in good enough condition to allow a corvette to travel at 161 mph without hitting a pothole and ripping the suspension out of it, especially so up north.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The fastest I ever drove on a public highway was back in March 1988 on the E30 between Osnabruck and the Dutch border. I got my speedo needle up to 147mph and kept it there for about 20 minutes. I got rather used to the speed but as the Autobhan ended at the Dutch border and turned into and ordinary road I was rather shocked how quickly the change rushed up on me. A few months earlier I had been Driving eastbound on the same road with the needle on 142mph when I was passed by a 7series BMW like I was standing still.

Back in those days I was driving one of these.
    A-Special-Era-at-the-End-of-Series-1-CX-Turbo-Models-1.jpg
    SM?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    :D Great car.

I suspect the Vette in question had been tuned.
    I very, very highly doubt that. Even my 4400lb. land barge will allegedly hit 175. I've never tried to top mine out but I just went to the garage to see where I've been since the car keeps track for you.

SlowCar.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom