What is yalls take on this?

Screenshot_20220701-171656_Instagram.jpg
    Guns International

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    The NRA will never be dissolved, despite what the left and anti-2A groups say. Why? Because the NRA is the left's biggest tool at getting gun laws passed. The NRA receives a lot of money, some goes in their pocket and a lot goes to fund certain politicians that vote to pass gun restrictive laws, then they (NRA) screams we need more funds to fight the same politicians we give money to. The NRA is a scam and people need to wake up and see this and stop sending them money.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A picture on the internet? Not saying the NRA is the greatest, they definitely are not, but can we get something more than a meme as evidence?
    You'll have to look for it of you want to.

It's a tweet from National Association of Gun rights..it is their claim.
    On the surface..I dont doubt it

I've seen too much of this in the past.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    For several decades now, the more they have supported the RINOs giving are rights away, the more money we as a group have given them to live their nice lifestyle.
    They have no incentive whatsoever to change the status quo and possibly see donations stop. If they fix the problem, no need for them. Then they downsize and think of the people that will suddenly need new jobs because they are no longer needed to fix it. They see more donations, and jobs for themselves, far into the future if they keep the status quo.
    So why REALLY try to fix the problem?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Just spent 30 minutes on Newsweek's website, and can't find this. NAGR has posted fables before, jealousy. NRA haters, have fun with this, this kind of infighting is just loved by the Moms Demand Action, Everytown... crowds, talk about not caring who you hang out with, lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just spent 30 minutes on Newsweek's website, and can't find this. NAGR has posted fables before, jealousy. NRA haters, have fun with this, this kind of infighting is just loved by the Moms Demand Action, Everytown... crowds, talk about not caring who you hang out with, lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Spent less than 30 seconds and found these!

Hardly seems a fable or fairy tale.Feel free to keep throwing money at the NRA, I'm sure WLP will appreciate you buying his some new ties and shoes!

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Post #12, I linked several sources that pretty much relate the same information.
    From your newsweek link:

"According to data compiled by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in 2019...."

Again, the NRA does/has done lots of stupid stuff, but I wouldn't believe the Brady bunch if they told me water was wet.
    Still, let's assume it was true. The data was collected 3 years ago. How was the NRA supposed to know 3 years ago how those Senators would vote last month? I'm really looking forward to hearing some answers to that question, but I bet I won't get any.

This thread is about somehow blaming the NRA for giving money 3 years ago to Senators who deserve to be booted from office based on actions last month? Shouldn't we be looking for what the NRA does later this year, or next year? If it keeps funding these Senators, then we certainly have something, but 3 years ago? Seriously?

Lastly, there's lots of reasons for giving money to politicians. For example, it has recently come out that the democrats themselves spent millions helping Trump-recommended politicians win primary elections this year. Is that a betrayal of their voters? Well, maybe it's just being smart. If they think the "other guy" might actually win the general election against a democrat, but a Trump-recommended candidate is too extreme, and has no chance, then it is a smart move for them to sponsor the Trump-recommended candidate in the primary, right?

I don't know the reasons why the NRA spent that money 3 years ago, maybe those reasons are pure evil, but I do know that this thread is intentionally designed to mis-lead, and tells us nothing of any value.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Did the NRA fund the recent SCOTUS case?

Kinda....technically the NRA-ILA spent tons of money to win Bruen. They are associated with the NRA, but they are separate in that they are their own bosses -- the NRA doesn't tell them what to do or how to do it.

The NRA-ILA also spent tons of money to help win the Heller case in 2008, and McDonald in 2010. It's not an exaggeration to say a big part of the reason we have a meaningful Second Amendment today is because of the NRA-ILA.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Kinda....technically the NRA-ILA spent tons of money to win Bruen. They are associated with the NRA, but they are separate in that they are their own bosses -- the NRA doesn't tell them what to do or how to do it.

The NRA-ILA also spent tons of money to help win the Heller case in 2008, and McDonald in 2010. It's not an exaggeration to say a big part of the reason we have a meaningful Second Amendment today is because of the NRA-ILA.
    Nobody is going to dispute that the NRA hasn't done some great things in the past in defending our gun rights. But much money expended at the top leadership levels is money that could be used to fund even more gun rights defenses.

And I belonged to the NRA for many years, but until leadership changes, they are not getting any more from us in our family.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom