• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Notable observation:\

Lake house two doors down, new absentee owner, from Texas (Georgetown).
    Has kept it full this summer apparently using VRBO and Air BnB.

Without exception, the renters with license plates other than Texas are noisy, drunk, messy stuckup a88holes.

Those with Texas plates: polite, relatively quiet, well mannered, considerate, cleanup after themselves and friendly as all get out. (and the females are a cut above in the looks department).

The difference is even apparent to the natives ... that's all, for now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy from the banks of the Guadalupe.

45a358ad1a1648071270001299783b3b.jpg

Attachments

• 45a358ad1a1648071270001299783b3b.jpg
      45a358ad1a1648071270001299783b3b.jpg
      196.4 KB · Views: 318

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    For anyone that was curious about the latest craze in mosquito repellent, the Thermacell Patio Shield works really well.
    upload_2019-7-14_11-37-33.jpeg

While finishing my honey-do’s late yesterday afternoon, the mosquitos decided to invade the shade of our back porch, and have a little snack. We had been seeing these things all over Lowe’s and Home Depot and bought the smallest and cheapest to see if they even worked. Within 3 minutes of starting it, all the mosquitos were leaving me alone while I assembled lawn furniture. My wife started pointing out all the mosquitos hovering in the air in a 5’ circle around us. It was really entertaining watching them circle around us trying to find a way in. I will be acquiring more of these things.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-14_11-37-33.jpeg
      upload_2019-7-14_11-37-33.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 391

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    For anyone that was curious about the latest craze in mosquito repellent, the Thermacell Patio Shield works really well.
    View attachment 178084

While finishing my honey-do’s late yesterday afternoon, the mosquitos decided to invade the shade of our back porch, and have a little snack. We had been seeing these things all over Lowe’s and Home Depot and bought the smallest and cheapest to see if they even worked. Within 3 minutes of starting it, all the mosquitos were leaving me alone while I assembled lawn furniture. My wife started pointing out all the mosquitos hovering in the air in a 5’ circle around us. It was really entertaining watching them circle around us trying to find a way in. I will be acquiring more of these things.

And headed to Amazon to purchase in order to have when needed.
    Mosquitoes love me....

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    View attachment 178084

Interesting! What principle does it use? Some sort of electrostatic discharge? Lasers?

Top Bottom