• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Been fighting for a med appt since 9/12. Just got called to find out I’m scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning.

Nothing appears to be wrong with me, FAA has decided that after 45 healthy years on this planet, I am automatically at risk of some type of cardiac arrest, so must prove I’m not. Of course, FAA put a timeline in this and it’ll be close to get the tests (still waiting on the second test spot) done, interpreted, and then delivered.

FAA hard copy submissions have to arrive 10 working days before due date in order to be screened for threat material such as powder or other residue, then scanned to a PDF for security, because they won’t accept a PDF due to risk of malware, before it’s considered received.

What an efficient process.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Been fighting for a med appt since 9/12. Just got called to find out I’m scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning.

Nothing appears to be wrong with me, FAA has decided that after 45 healthy years on this planet, I am automatically at risk of some type of cardiac arrest, so must prove I’m not. Of course, FAA put a timeline in this and it’ll be close to get the tests (still waiting on the second test spot) done, interpreted, and then delivered.

FAA hard copy submissions have to arrive 10 working days before due date in order to be screened for threat material such as powder or other residue, then scanned to a PDF for security, because they won’t accept a PDF due to risk of malware, before it’s considered received.

Did you just use the word efficient when discussing anything gooberment related?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did you just use the word efficient when discussing anything gooberment related?

I have yet to discuss the Tricare referral process, which puts the FAA to shame in that department.

At least the FAA minds their calendar day commitments.

Tricare’s ‘3 business day turnaround’ referral took 13 calendar days and is counting for the other test.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I had annual physicals at the dispensary (6 month blood work) when I worked for the Navy. One day, not long after a physical, I received a letter stating that my cholesterol was very high and that I should see my doctor as soon as possible. It got me worried, so I went to my doctor, and after tests my doctor said my good cholesterol was a little high, but nothing to worry about. My doctor then told me that there is a reason these other doctors work for the government. I wouldn't worry too much what the FAA says about your health.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I had annual physicals at the dispensary (6 month blood work) when I worked for the Navy. One day, not long after a physical, I received a letter stating that my cholesterol was very high and that I should see my doctor as soon as possible. It got me worried, so I went to my doctor, and after tests my doctor said my good cholesterol was a little high, but nothing to worry about. My doctor then told me that there is a reason these other doctors work for the government. I wouldn't worry too much what the FAA says about your health.
    I don’t think he’s worried about his health. I think he’s more worried about retaining his certification.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This

I don’t think he’s worried about his health. I think he’s more worried about retaining his certification.

The FAA is arbitrary and capricious In taking draconian measures in the name of public safety.

Failure to meet their demands within the specified timeframe results in enforcement actions against the airman. FAA enforcement actions are only very rarely overturned by an Administrative Law Judge. An enforcement action is essentially a death warrant for ever flying again, either recreationally or professionally.

The only other option is to surrender my certificates until such time as I can complete the required tests and then reapply for medical certification and submit the evidence at that point in time.

That is a decision that I will have to in the next two weeks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom