• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm certainly glad there are other idiots on Youtube!

I took the firing pin out of the bolt assembly of the Ruger Precision rifle I just got in anticipation of my new bolt handle (and also to lube) and promptly removed the disassembly tool. I then couldn't figure out how to get the tool back in. Thank you Youtube for the I'm an idiot too video!

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Mise en place
    b9232eca911aadb515023c360e189c60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• b9232eca911aadb515023c360e189c60.jpg
      b9232eca911aadb515023c360e189c60.jpg
      150.9 KB · Views: 254

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm certainly glad there are other idiots on Youtube!

I took the firing pin out of the bolt assembly of the Ruger Precision rifle I just got in anticipation of my new bolt handle (and also to lube) and promptly removed the disassembly tool. I then couldn't figure out how to get the tool back in. Thank you Youtube for the I'm an idiot too video!

Reminds me of when I got a new toy as a kid. I'd take it home and take it apart. I usually got it back together again. :cool:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Youtube has saved me hundreds of dollars in the last several years. Perfect example: My wife's Audi had a headlight go out not long ago and I checked to estimate what it might cost to take it to the dealership. It, of course, was well over a thousand dollars! No way one could "figure out how to change the bulb (or even get to it). Friend and I got a youtube that described how to get to the rear of the headlight housing and loosen a bolt that would let the internal part slide out and a new bulb easily installed.
    Paid $50/$60 for the correct replacement bulb at the local auto parts store and installed it in less than 10 minutes. Easy peasyi. I'm betting the dealership would have been extremely expensive (not including the 100 mile round trip).

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Youtube has saved me hundreds of dollars in the last several years. Perfect example: My wife's Audi had a headlight go out not long ago and I checked to estimate what it might cost to take it to the dealership. It, of course, was well over a thousand dollars! No way one could "figure out how to change the bulb (or even get to it). Friend and I got a youtube that described how to get to the rear of the headlight housing and loosen a bolt that would let the internal part slide out and a new bulb easily installed.
    Paid $50/$60 for the correct replacement bulb at the local auto parts store and installed it in less than 10 minutes. Easy peasyi. I'm betting the dealership would have been extremely expensive (not including the 100 mile round trip).

Used Youtube to put a new keyboard and screen in a laptop a few years back; and the last big freeze lost the backflow preventer to our irrigation system, something your yard guy or plumber will happily charge $200++ to fix, depending upon how naive you are ... Youtube, Amazon, $45, and ten minutes, like new ... in that order.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy ..."

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Used Youtube to put a new keyboard and screen in a laptop a few years back; and the last big freeze lost the backflow preventer to our irrigation system, something your yard guy or plumber will happily charge $200++ to fix, depending upon how naive you are ... Youtube, Amazon, $45, and ten minutes, like new ... in that order.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy ..."
    Somebody watches the Red Green Show!!!

Along with the early Trailer Park Boys, those are the two best Canadian shows I know of!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Morning.

Finally feeling well enough after the surgery to drive myself to the hospital to visit my wife. Going to head there for a nice lunch with her for her birthday.
    To have a birthday so close to Christmas is bad enough. Then to be in the hospital on her birthday on top of that?!

I hope she had a nice birthday (relatively speaking).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom