Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Morning.
    Neighbor across the street has a dead tree, been there over 2 years. HOA sent them a letter so the guy is wanting to know who ratted him out, and made a big spectacle of it.
    I thought people liked dead trees since that's the only way to get the HOA approval to remove one. At least that's the way it works in my neighborhood. My poor next door neighbor has 13 pine trees in his tiny front yard creating so much shade that he can't grow grass. The HOA has occasionally sent him a letter about the lack of grass but they won't allow him to remove any trees.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Storm kicked up here just about dark. Wind was really blowing and couldn't make up its mind which direction it wanted to be from. We got just enough rain to put out the grass fires from the lightening strikes.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Morning.

I thought people liked dead trees since that's the only way to get the HOA approval to remove one. At least that's the way it works in my neighborhood. My poor next door neighbor has 13 pine trees in his tiny front yard creating so much shade that he can't grow grass. The HOA has occasionally sent him a letter about the lack of grass but they won't allow him to remove any trees.

Interesting. Property insurers can refuse to insure if there’s a fire hazard that’s not mitigated. We see that a lot in areas prone to wildfires. Usually a clear zone and generally speaking, no trees with any part of a canopy under another canopy.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Morning.

Friends don't let friends do HOAs.
    We are so thankful for being out here in the sticks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If there was a way for my neighbor to kill at least some of his trees, I think he would. In a heartbeat, actually, since the HOA has a very simple process for getting approval to immediately remove dead trees.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    ....but did you die?
    I stubbed my toe so I may as well have.

Do we need to send the search hounds out for @Coiled ?
    If you look like this, yes, AND HURRY!

61d35754af812fdb34ac01ac13fae831.jpg

If you don't, the stubbed toe crap is just hooey, I'm fine.

Didn't see a lick of weather down here.
    Unpossible :p

Top Bottom