• seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Morning.......

Whenever I feel homesick....

Talked to Dad and my oldest today. Was 115 plus smoke from the fires east of Phoenix.

Son was out by the pool at 9pm still over a hundred, dad was sitting outside 5 feet from a huge swamp cooler.

Right now all that open public land is closed due to fire restrictions. They havnt seen rain in months and the monsoons never came last year and really wont start till mid July, if at all.

So forgive me when I laugh at people bitching about heat and spraying wiper fluid to cool off their cars. You got no phucking clue. I spent hours in rush hour traffic in 122 plus with no AC. I spent hours running inmate work crews in 120 degree, in full sun in the desert. So hot you couldnt even touch your weapon without branding yourself with it like putting an iron to your cheek.

I walked my crippled ass a mile last week when the heat index was 108. 90 degrees and high humidity ain't got nothing on a convection oven.

I love Texas. At least where I'm at it wont get till a hundred till july and then only a couple hours a day over a hundred. That might happen 10 or 15 times a year usually. Back home it's a hundred by easter some times and and part of the year you can go days or weeks where the temp never gets under a hundred even at night.

Back home were lucky to get 7 inches a rain on a good year. Here we can get 7 inches of rain a week some times and 30 plus a year.

Back home you goto the lake and you have to hike an hour from the parking lot down hill to the waters edge cause it's so low. Here I'm 5 min from the lake and a few feet from the water.

You forgot the part about walking uphill both ways.....
    Lynx Defense

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Good morning y’all !
    C99AB7D1-1D0E-4D4F-BA0F-71B0EB7FE611.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Tragedy! The horror of it all has scarred me to the bone.

I just attempted to move my gas grill back to its normal position cause I waterd last night and I needed to put it back in its spot and it experienced a spontaneous rapid unplanned disassembly! The damn thing folded like a strippers dress after waving a hundred dollar bill at her. Poof in a pile of bent cheap steel on the patio. Four letter words flew like a Dove on the first day of the season, vicious blows were delivered upon the pile of scrap at my feet in anger at the assault I just endured.

Then again this could be fortuitous. I wanted a small pellet grill to try to expand my horizons and fathers day is a few days away so...

Still I bet I havnt used it 100 times since I got it a couple years ago. It cooked a lot of dinners during the freeze when the power was out but alas gas isnt tasty as charcoal or as varied as a smoker can be.

Silver linings people. Silver linings.

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Mawnin misfits

I just attempted to move my gas grill back to its normal position cause I waterd last night and I needed to put it back in its spot and it experienced a spontaneous rapid unplanned disassembly! The damn thing folded like a strippers dress after waving a hundred dollar bill at her. Poof in a pile of bent cheap steel on the patio. Four letter words flew like a Dove on the first day of the season, vicious blows were delivered upon the pile of scrap at my feet in anger at the assault I just endured.

Then again this could be fortuitous. I wanted a small pellet grill to try to expand my horizons and fathers day is a few days away so...

Still I bet I havnt used it 100 times since I got it a couple years ago. It cooked a lot of dinners during the freeze when the power was out but alas gas isnt tasty as charcoal or as varied as a smoker can be.

Smoking Brothers makes great pellet grills. If you go gas... get a Solaire. They are 316SS, made in USA & have lifetime warranty. You can also configure them with a traditional blue flame burner & a Infra red burner for searing. They are worth the $$$. But with any grill out side, you gotta clean em & keep the rain off of them.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball

So this “accident” occurred a few days before Father’s Day, and you wanted a pellet grill. Things that make you say “hmmm”.

giphy.gif

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So this “accident” occurred a few days before Father’s Day, and you wanted a pellet grill. Things that make you say “hmmm”.

giphy.gif
    Are you saying something like "that's what we call a clue" or "I know a such a thing as a coincidence occurs in real life but I've never seen one"?

I can see where one might think that but, its early I just got up and my brain didnt think of that till after the spontaneous RUD.

Scouts honor.

Top Bottom