• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What were your symptoms?
    Thought it was allergies at first. Head ache, sneezing, runny nose, real bad scratchy throat and foggy head.

then sinus infection kicked in. Lost taste and smell for a day, felt like dog chit. That was the worst day… have gradually gotten better since then. Ever since I was a kid most sickness goes straight to a sinus infection. Lots of saline washing. Today is the best day I’ve felt since Monday

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    That sucks! Must be the week, Ben and I both lost compressors this week. Hopefully you get it fixed soon!
    I went for a whole new system (old one was 15 years old) just got it running last night.
    @benenglish did you get your AC working?

AC tech got here around 10 AM this morning. Checked the Freon, no issue there. Checked the heating,blower unit in the attic, couldn't fine any issues there. Said to turn the unit on. I did and, viola, cold air. Tech said everything checked out ok, but if the unit stops blowing cold to call him asap and he'll come out right away.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    AC tech got here around 10 AM this morning. Checked the Freon, no issue there. Checked the heating,blower unit in the attic, couldn't fine any issues there. Said to turn the unit on. I did and, viola, cold air. Tech said everything checked out ok, but if the unit stops blowing cold to call him asap and he'll come out right away.
    Although many people still call it freon, unless your air conditioning unit is very old, it probably uses r134a and not r12(freon). Freon will cause phosgene gas in extreme temps. I believe it was pretty much switched out in 1995. r134a has a very long name that I always had a hard time trying to pronounce.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Although many people still call it freon, unless your air conditioning unit is very old, it probably uses r134a and not r12(freon). Freon will cause phosgene gas in extreme temps. I believe it was pretty much switched out in 1995. r134a has a very long name that I always had a hard time trying to pronounce.

My unit is 15 years old and still use r12 (Freon). Tech did say this if I ever have to install a new unit, it will have the new r134a that has a name that's hard to pronounce.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My unit is 15 years old and still use r12 (Freon). Tech did say this if I ever have to install a new unit, it will have the new r134a that has a name that's hard to pronounce.
    The things you learn in the welding field. Even after the Navy switched to r134a, they still wouldn't let us near the ships when doing refrigerant fill.

Top Bottom