ft worth tx
    111079E8-CC32-4364-B651-856DD12E753C.jpeg

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    That burns me the wrong way..... I know I'll be thrown out of a game not for being verbally abusive to a kid, but for being verbally abusive to a parent being verbally abusive to a kid.....

.....and God help him if he yells at my kid......
    My dad got kicked out of my softball games when I was a kid... he deserved it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My dad got kicked out of my softball games when I was a kid... he deserved it.
    Back in the 1990s, I was an YABA advanced coach for bowling. Every sat for one of the 2 centers in town for free. It was amazing to me how many parents would get abusive to the coaches and kids if their kid bowled 1 pin under average.
    When they hollered that their little star was bowling like an amateur and I was encouraging them to do it, I would remind them; your kid will bowl better if you let him/her relax, he/she is 13 years old, he/she is an amateur and he/she is still bowling a higher average than you have. That would usually shut them down.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    A lot more happened than I previously shared. People can be disgusting. The dad yelling at his kids then one mom had her kid and blanket out on the grass. There was a stray dog, probably a year old and probably beaten but still a nice dog. No signs of rabies, no aggression, just wanted to come say hi and this b....tries to kick it. I sit on the ground to get it to come to me and gave it some food and water. It just laid in the grass with me. They called animal control and I get that but damn people are assholes.

She knew the dog had no bad intentions but wanted the “nasty dog off her blanket”.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    A lot more happened than I previously shared. People can be disgusting. The dad yelling at his kids then one mom had her kid and blanket out on the grass. There was a stray dog, probably a year old and probably beaten but still a nice dog. No signs of rabies, no aggression, just wanted to come say hi and this b....tries to kick it. I sit on the ground to get it to come to me and gave it some food and water. It just laid in the grass with me. They called animal control and I get that but damn people are assholes.

She knew the dog had no bad intentions but wanted the “nasty dog off her blanket”.
    And she would probably be quick to tell you she was a nice caring person too.
    Even gives to the SPCA......

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Back in the 1990s, I was an YABA advanced coach for bowling. Every sat for one of the 2 centers in town for free. It was amazing to me how many parents would get abusive to the coaches and kids if their kid bowled 1 pin under average.
    When they hollered that their little star was bowling like an amateur and I was encouraging them to do it, I would remind them; your kid will bowl better if you let him/her relax, he/she is 13 years old, he/she is an amateur and he/she is still bowling a higher average than you have. That would usually shut them down.

Yeah, my dad was one of those dads, sometimes to the point I was embarrassed.... Love the man to death but he didn't know when to stop.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

When my son was 5 I coached his T-ball team. I used to be very competitive, but after watching my nephew play t-ball and peeing in the middle of the outfield, I took a different approach to my son's team. We were all about the fun.

Day 1 - first order of business was to learn to grip and throw the ball. 3 of the 12 kids already knew. Our best player was a snaggle tooth girl with a giant glove. Having 6 girls, I made her the most important player, named "Snags." She played first base almost all year, and she was awesome. My son and a kid named "Nolan" were by far the best players. They belonged in coach pitch, but at 5, you had to play t-ball. The final thing we did on the first day of practice was get a nickname. It was hilarious, and they loved it. Lots of laughing. One kid named "Matty" got me an ear full from his dad. "His name is Matthew, and you should call him that." "Mr Stickinthemud, when hes at home, you can call him what ever you want to. When he's on my field, he's Matty. It was fun to hear the kids call each other by their nicknames.

Another team we took batting practice with water balloons on a hot day. When they are young its gotta be about the fun.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And that was the worst part. Although there are technical aspects to bowling, angles especially, it is a game where being relaxed is a major key factor. It is more a mind game than a physical game.
    The harder you work at it, the more tense you get, the worse you do. It is easier if you just enjoy it and relax.

Top Bottom