84ACB231-E7D8-4179-9E31-04BE88F729ED.jpeg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I ain't run off. I just ain't going to post as much anymore.

Even my thick skin gets thin at times. When other people are telling me I'm stupid, or ignorant, or putting words into my mouth in the posts I write, that I didn't say, or imply. or making assumptions about me when they don't know me personally, well, it kind of grinds you down a bit.

For me, it's either back off and regroup, or end up saying what is really on my mind towards some people with no regrets, and no filter, and end up getting banned.

I don't care if someone challenges my opinions, as long as they are civil and respectful. I don't care if they prove me wrong, as long as they don't get personal. But I get pretty upset and defensive when people tell me I'm stupid, or ignorant, or assume things about me that aren't true.

On two different threads Thursday, that was pretty much what happened. By that evening, I figured it just wasn't worth arguing over. One thread, I made a joke related to the topic of the thread. A member decided to take my post literally and attempted to "educate" me on the topic. I conceded after several posts because it just wasn't worth the battle. The other thread, I was insulted, and some were taking my posts way out of context, and making assumptions about me that were not true. One member even suggested I just leave and find a forum that was more suited to my liking, and that TGT probably isn't for me. Again, at a point that evening, I just didn't care to debate the issue any further.

In the end, it's just the internet, and really no one cares. Less posting on my part, leads to less exposure to having to deal with such things.

Y'all enjoy the weekend.
    At times I realize I spend too much time on here. So I go find stuff to do. Always plenty of stuff to do. Don’t let people that act like that keep you from being a good member. People that act like that are several things: Unhappy with themselves, a bully, story tellers, dishonest, ect. Unlike them, try to be of good character. Trying to do that is all you can do. Self control is an art itself.

With that said, everyone, it’s a beautiful Sunday. Time for church and I look forward to what today’s advice will be.

Top Bottom