• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Good Morning Texicans. Waiting on the last tree trimming contactor to show up and submit his bid. This stuff is crazy. I have 3 big ass ash trees that need to dead branches from the freeze removed. First guy said job too big and passed. Second Guy said $7500, then dropped to $6500 if I commit today, then down to $5000 when I told him waiting on more bids. (he will not get the job as I told all I want your best price, no dicking around) Third guy was $2500, fourth guy was 2 days at $5000 per day (Just Wow). So far the 3rd guy is in the lead. I would have thought the bids would be closer together, but this is all over the map.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Good Morning Texicans. Waiting on the last tree trimming contactor to show up and submit his bid. This stuff is crazy. I have 3 big ass ash trees that need to dead branches from the freeze removed. First guy said job too big and passed. Second Guy said $7500, then dropped to $6500 if I commit today, then down to $5000 when I told him waiting on more bids. (he will not get the job as I told all I want your best price, no dicking around) Third guy was $2500, fourth guy was 2 days at $5000 per day (Just Wow). So far the 3rd guy is in the lead. I would have thought the bids would be closer together, but this is all over the map.
    Hit him with $1500 cash money.

I need a Roomba mower.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Sounds about like what I have dealt with every time I have had to have tree work done. It’s a massive pain in the ass. Everyone quotes different, had one guy quote in the middle, seemed the most legit gave him the work. Day he was supposed to start just disappeared never to be heard from again.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Sounds about like what I have dealt with every time I have had to have tree work done. It’s a massive pain in the ass. Everyone quotes different, had one guy quote in the middle, seemed the most legit gave him the work. Day he was supposed to start just disappeared never to be heard from again.
    Hopefully this will not occur. I used Home advisor to get names. So far all have been reputable. The only downside is now I get daily follow up emails from home Advisor. But all of the contractors are legit and have insurance.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    It's pretty ironic that the Pfizer vaccine is FDA approved after the last 3 months of trying to force the jab on the population. Just a coincidence that Fauci's wife is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases....... hmmmmm
    Totally unrelated.

D51D7137-73E2-4106-A92D-6E0D9C2B2CA9.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I've needed trees removed, I've simply waited till someone else on the block was getting work done. Then, after the guy in the tie with the clipboard has left and the actual crew is onsite, I approach the leader and, while it's a struggle to get through the language barrier, I offer him about $200 per crew member and an extra hundred for him.

You'd be surprised how often the crew doing the actual work can kick into high gear, finish their job a couple of hours early, then take care of my job, all by normal quittin' time. :)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Afternoon Y'all.......Chaotic night and morning! Wife and I both had doctor's appointments today. Hopefully back to normal for a little while anyways! Updated on out prescriptions again too.

I really need some coffee! A bit warmish out there today for a typical August summer day. We are suppose to be in the mid 90's this week, with a heat index hitting the mid 100's as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Depending on what type of tree it is, how tall, and what dangers exist for where to drop the tree can impact the price quite a bit.

I had a huge red oak tree that had died some years ago, about 4' in diameter at the base, and about 60' tall. Had some guys that were cutting dead trees on my place for firewood cut down the tree and dropped it for me. Since the tree was leaning towards the house, they had to tie it off with several chains and binders to get it to drop away from the house. I had to sacrifice a really beautiful cedar tree and elm tree because of where and how it dropped, but small price to keep it from falling on the house.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Kevin Costner and other actors from the TV series "Yellowstone" are in Palestine doing some filming. They are staying at several local hotels in Palestine while filming takes place on a local ranch in Anderson county.

Kevin Costner and his band Modern West are also performing at the Crockett Civic Center in Crockett Texas on Friday night.

Top Bottom