Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I didn't mean anything hammer worthy, just tempers flaring early, like this thread that got derailed on post #2.

And before I read your post, I actually contributed to the silliness found there. Oh, The Fates are laughing at me now.... :)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I didn't mean anything hammer worthy, just tempers flaring early, like this thread that got derailed on post #2.

Morning to all.

Trust me my temper wasn't flaring in the least. I simply made an observation based on my opinion. I make no claims to be perfect in my use of the English language, and occasionally misspell a word or two, but I try my best when having a discussion on an important topic, to put some effort into making a coherent post so that people who read it, have some understanding of what I'm trying to convey in that post.

Personally, I find it rude and disrespectful when others don't apply the same standards to put forth a post that is legible and coherent as well. Call it a character flaw. But my post you just quoted on that thread, and the other posts I made on that same thread, I said them and I stand by them. Sorry if that ruffles the delicate feathers of some members here.

Seriously if I wanted to have a discussion with people that cared for posting like they were on Facebook or Twitter, that is where I'd be posting. I sure hope TGT isn't devolving into going that route like many other forms of social media.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Morning to all.

Trust me my temper wasn't flaring in the least. I simply made an observation based on my opinion. I make no claims to be perfect in my use of the English language, and occasionally misspell a word or two, but I try my best when having a discussion on an important topic, to put some effort into making a coherent post so that people who read it, have some understanding of what I'm trying to convey in that post.

Personally, I find it rude and disrespectful when others don't apply the same standards to put forth a post that is legible and coherent as well. Call it a character flaw. But my post you just quoted on that thread, and the other posts I made on that same thread, I said them and I stand by them. Sorry if that ruffles the delicate feathers of some members here.

Seriously if I wanted to have a discussion with people that cared for posting like they were on Facebook or Twitter, that is where I'd be posting. I sure hope TGT isn't devolving into going that route like many other forms of social media.
    I didn't quote your post on that thread, I quoted my post from that thread that said:

"Damn. Threads usually make it past post #2 before getting derailed.

Is this a new record?"

Your posts just followed along with it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I didn't quote your post on that thread, I quoted my post from that thread that said:

"Damn. Threads usually make it past post #2 before getting derailed.

Is this a new record?"

Your posts just followed along with it.
    And I was the one that made Post #2 on that thread.

Crazy me for wanting to read a post I can understand what the person is saying. I guess I expect too much from life.

I can make just as incoherent a post as the next person!

I just sort of find it rather ironic, that so many people will complain about how public schools have really cut their standards in what they are teaching, or not teaching in school, and then find time to rant about it when someone expects some effort to be put into a post on an important topic, so that it can be understood.

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Ah, well when I use a tablet or phone and as of late, my "gaming" keyboard with heavy press switches, my spelling is terrible. I have to edit almost all of them. Fat fingers and screwy auto-correct does more damage versus it helping Mr (<---- see! I even proof read it) me look smartssss...

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    And I was the one that made Post #2 on that thread.

Crazy me for wanting to read a post I can understand what the person is saying. I guess I expect too much from life.

I can make just as incoherent a post as the next person!

I just sort of find it rather ironic, that so many people will complain about how public schools have really cut their standards in what they are teaching, or not teaching in school, and then find time to rant about it when someone expects some effort to be put into a post on an important topic, so that it can be understood.

They fat fingered the word "they" not a big deal. I fat finger post all the time & don't correct it. Hell most my spelling for a while I never put an apostrophe with an S just because I'd have to switch screens on my phone & sometimes I'm too lazy. The new phone adds apostrophes for me .... so it's a win win.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    They fat fingered the word "they" not a big deal. I fat finger post all the time & don't correct it. Hell most my spelling for a while I never put an apostrophe with an S just because I'd have to switch screens on my phone & sometimes I'm too lazy. The new phone adds apostrophes for me .... so it's a win win.

Read post 1 in that thread a second time. The word ‘they’ isn’t the only misspelling, in addition to the lack of capitalization or punctation. The OP of that thread is clearly capable as demonstrated in several
    of their 47 posts to date. It seems as though a split personality exists…on one device they can appear articulate, while on another it’s completely opposite.

It doesn’t bother me too much and I try to stay out of a lot of grammar/spelling contests although there are certain instances where it makes sense to me to do so; in fact I did exactly that in that thread.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Read post 1 in that thread a second time. The word ‘they’ isn’t the only misspelling, in addition to the lack of capitalization or punctation. The OP of that thread is clearly capable as demonstrated in several
    of their 47 posts to date. It seems as though a split personality exists…on one device they can appear articulate, while on another it’s completely opposite.

It doesn’t bother me too much and I try to stay out of a lot of grammar/spelling contests although there are certain instances where it makes sense to me to do so; in fact I did exactly that in that thread.
    But nobody labeled you the "Grammar Nazi" like they did me on that thread. My first post was trying to be humorous in trying to point out the misspelled words.

But as usual, some took to the task of trying to take me to the woodshed for pointing it out! Pretty much the same cast of players that like to cherry-pick, or criticize just about any post I make.

Why am I not surprised!

If other members here don't care about the credibility or the integrity of this forum, then why should I?

Top Bottom