1631767367861.png

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    So I'm out with the dog in the front yard today and kids are walking home from the high school. Nala the midget malinois starts to walk towards them and I call her back and she stops. Then these 2 kids start squealing like banshees waving their arms in the air apparently afraid of the dog. This is new to her and she obviously feels like me and the wife are being threatened so she starts barking.

The 2 idiots escalate their odd behavior and were yelling at the to stop screaming but they dont so the dog is right infront of them barking and driving them back. She never tried to bite them and finally stopped when I called her off and the kids stopped screaming.

I say kids, they are high school age.

I'm like you dont ever act like that around dogs they are going to respond.

That's twice now she responded to a threat but I'm not happy about it. I mean, she will freeze in her tracks if she is chasing a rabbit or even the dog she chased off after it charged me and I call her back but today took 2 or 3 commands.

I would have to put her down if she bit someone in these circumstances. I'm used to dogs obeying immediately unless they are defending themselves from another animal and even then they gotta listen.

She never launched at the kids or tried to bite them. She has never been trained in handle protection as I feel shes too skittish to loud noises even though she handles correction extremely well. She doesn't get shy or worried shes in trouble more lose confidence.

I trust her enough to be off lead at the park away from.people and has always obeyed every command instantly.

This was odd today.

Always best to have your dog on leash in public. If something bad happened you’re on the hook and they likely will put the dog down.

You never know what could trigger it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Night shift was quiet. I'm off to try to sleep.

Um this post counts and we have only 52 left for the day. That will put us only 172 shy of the weekly goal. That means more bonus whoring weekend time at some point saturday.

See you on the other side.

Good night.

Top Bottom