see now I’m just jealous
    Lynx Defense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy; what I expected to be an uneventful week has really turned into a lot of contemplation. A buddy shared the below pic for humor and let me tell you, it’s the truth. Five years ago, I was probably in my sharpest fighting shape finishing my time in the military.

The old Toby Keith song, As Good As I Once Was is where I’m at today and I’d rather that not be the case. Lotta work to do.

ab44bfd4b6215961a086e5680ed68a41.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Howdy; what I expected to be an uneventful week has really turned into a lot of contemplation. A buddy shared the below pic for humor and let me tell you, it’s the truth. Five years ago, I was probably in my sharpest fighting shape finishing my time in the military.

The old Toby Keith song, As Good As I Once Was is where I’m at today and I’d rather that not be the case. Lotta work to do.

Why?

Take a pic of yourself.....
    Post it online...
    Dress like that...
    Wear a man boob chest rig...

Why?

I'm glad I never took pics of myself like that.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well that's at least 75 yards more than I have. I could probably get an easy 400 yards if my house wasn't in the way!
    Just open a couple windows. Shoot right thru it.

Build a platform, shoot over it.

Positive attitude solves lifes little problems.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm on a laptop, so I can just hover my cursor over my avatar on a thread, and it will pop up how many posts I have on that thread.

I now have 3300 posts in this thread now.
    I'm too embarrassed to publicly state mine, I need a life. I thought I'd feel better if you had me beat but.....nope.

It was all in the line of duty though...

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Uh, that’s not me. It’s the point about health.
    I know it's not you.

I was just wondering why take such a pic? The point? How did he see himself to think oh this is cool?

I might be able to find fat me pics somewhere if it would make someone loose weight but none in tactical gear that were as fantastic as that.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I'm about 5 lbs. lighter than I was in my twenties, although I'm not sure what happened to the washboard abs I had then. Maybe that was the 5 lbs. I lost.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I know it's not you.

I was just wondering why take such a pic? The point? How did he see himself to think oh this is cool?

I might be able to find fat me pics somewhere if it would make someone loose weight but none in tactical gear that were as fantastic as that.

My point is less about weight, but overall health. I can’t control that I no longer have access to the top-tier tactical training, unlimited training ammo, RBAVs, PT facilities, coaches, programs, etc I had in the military. I do have control of my overall health, and since I probably don’t/won’t need all the gucci gear to help me be more survivable in the outside world, I need to own improving my health.

Those last cans on the Copenhagen log have been tossed. Whiskey Wednesday will be much more disciplined. Sure, there’s the eat better/workout smarter part of it, but there’s taking better care of my own personal headspace and timing.

Like I said earlier, it’s been very contemplative for me. I can accept I may not be as good as I once was for some reasons that are beyond my control but there are other things I do control that can actually put me in a better place for long-term survivability than I ever was in my .mil days. It’s tough to put all the thoughts to words, but the bottom line really is about owning it and the accountability for it.

I guess I had to go through the last five years to get to where I am now.

Top Bottom