Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just got the Dec natural gas bill; largest gas bill I’ve ever seen. Used 1/2 the ccf of last February but the cost is 54% higher month over month and 48% higher than last Feb. This bill 2.5x the previous bill.

I’m guessing this is what it’s like in an ass-raped commie paradise. FML.
    Y'know, there's an old commercial building in downtown Houston that's been converted to condos. When it comes to electricity, some places have been grandfathered in with a commercial feed to the building and no individual meters. In the place I'm thinking of, though, the timing of the conversion was unfortunate because they had to put every condo on their own meter.

Only later were gas hook-ups required to be individually metered. So this place is grandfathered in, getting their gas at commercial rates with no individual resident billing. It's the only building I've ever found with unmetered natural gas to all the residential units.

I've always wondered what I could do if I had free (well, so subsidized by other folks that it's almost free) natural gas.

I think I discussed this on this forum once before but that conversation went nowhere and I'm not trying to start it again. But I have been trying to think outside the box when it comes to reducing my reliance on various utility providers.

My faith in their collective reliability has, oddly, been eroded in recent years. :)

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Ben,

Up here, in Central Pa? Lots of property with gas wells.

The gas co. will only let you have 200,000cf per year per well. (about what it takes to heat the home, hot water tank and to cook with)

They do charge if you go over. (friend has a hot tub, and in a cold winter they have to pay some)

Later, Mark

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey Ben,

Up here, in Central Pa? Lots of property with gas wells.

The gas co. will only let you have 200,000cf per year per well. (about what it takes to heat the home, hot water tank and to cook with)

They do charge if you go over. (friend has a hot tub, and in a cold winter they have to pay some)

Later, Mark
    Lots of Texans became millionaires and billionaires finding oil on their property. I doubt very few people today here in Texas still retain the oil and mineral rights to their land.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    161728198_1647834962075403_4396977987973541176_n.jpg

Top Bottom