• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Morning
    Need rain?
    Come on up, and bring a big bucket ...

Attachments

• RadarOmega_screenshot_2022_06_10_13_00_46.png
      RadarOmega_screenshot_2022_06_10_13_00_46.png
      732.9 KB · Views: 37

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Maybe you could hitch a ride with @Fishkiller !
    I'm over my fascination with Hawaii. I remember after a few months also getting island fever. Oahu is a very small (a little bigger than Guam) and there's only so many trips around it before it gets a bit depressing. While I lived for four years on an Island as a kid, things seem so much smaller as an adult.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm over my fascination with Hawaii. I remember after a few months also getting island fever. Oahu is a very small (a little bigger than Guam) and there's only so many trips around it before it gets a bit depressing. While I lived for four years on an Island as a kid, things seem so much smaller as an adult.
    Been three times - with an offshore seismograph crew for two months; spent two days on a trip to Fiji; and R&R from Vietnam, where my first wife and I stayed on Kauai. Beauty personified for a coonass young man.

And, of course, the Tiny Bubbles experience of a lifetime ... sitting right next to Don Ho at one of his shows. :)

Attachments

• Tray_12 (51).JPG
      Tray_12 (51).JPG
      128.4 KB · Views: 39
    • Tray_12 (39).JPG
      Tray_12 (39).JPG
      174.5 KB · Views: 43
    • Tray_12 (92) (1).JPG
      Tray_12 (92) (1).JPG
      60.8 KB · Views: 44

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Honestly, I have never had any desire to go to Hawaii. I can enjoy it just fine from pictures and watching shows on TV.
    Didn't care that much for the touristy big island, but the island of Kauai was spectacular, and at the time (mid 60's) you pretty much had the island to yourself driving around. Mostly farming country.

Close your eyes at night after a long day on the North Island of New Zealand, those white specs on your retina - sheep.

Close your eyes at night after a long day on Kauai, those specs you saw - waterfalls and pineapple plants.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Didn't care that much for the touristy big island, but the island of Kauai was spectacular, and at the time (mid 60's) you pretty much had the island to yourself driving around. Mostly farming country.

Close your eyes at night after a long day on the North Island of New Zealand, those white specs on your retina - sheep.

Close your eyes at night after a long day on Kauai, those specs you saw - waterfalls and pineapple plants.
    And chickens.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Honestly, I have never had any desire to go to Hawaii. I can enjoy it just fine from pictures and watching shows on TV.
    It's certainly different from anything you'll find Texas. Climbing to the top of Diamond Head (extinct volcano) to look over the ocean and down on Waikiki is pretty cool. Although make sure you have a flashlight app on your phone.

Standing on North Shore to view the pipeline that looks like it is going to break on top of you is a thrill.

Staying at a luxury apartment with a view of Waikiki beach prompted me to buy binoculars (I still have them):cool:.

Eating pineapple and pineapple ice cream while navigating the maze at the Dole Plantation was cool (fresh picked pineapple is sooo much better than store bought).

Body surfing with a half board at Sandy Beach can be exhilarating.

Don't get my last post wrong, if you've never been, it's a lot of fun for a week or two.

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Didn't care that much for the touristy big island

I think that's the first time I've heard the Big Island called touristy. :) Not what I think of especially compared to Oahu.

I like both islands for their own reasons. The small, tucked out of the way snorkel spots on the Big Island are awesome though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think that's the first time I've heard the Big Island called touristy. :) Not what I think of especially compared to Oahu.

I like both islands for their own reasons. The small, tucked out of the way snorkel spots on the Big Island are awesome though.
    That's why I liked Kauai and Maui better. Although Maui has small areas that is touristy the two sides of the island are so different from each other (one side desert the other side thick jungle), and you can find beaches where you may not see another human being. I didn't explore the beaches of Kauai, only spent half the day, but it's just gorgeous!

Top Bottom