• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Good Morning Texicans. Well changed the battery in the truck yesterday. Sheesh they don't make it easy. So loaded up to day and got halfway there and alternator starts acting up. So no shooting , again. Taking it in Tuesday so next shoot day is maybe Wednesday. Otherwise it is a fine day.

Oof. Yeah, alternators and batteries are in kind of a symbiotic relationship. A bad battery can kill a good alternator by causing it to overwork itself, and a bad alternator will kill a good battery by over or undercharging.

Guessing your truck is a Chevy or a Ram by the "sure don't make it easy" comment? Wasn't a huge fan of replacing batteries on either make. GM and Chrysler really take battery placement to the "oh, shit, we designed the car and didn't give a good spot for the battery, where can we jam this mother?" zone. Eurotrash cars are similar, as are mid 2000s-onward Ford sedans and compact SUV's, save for a handful of models.

Hadn't had to work on a newer Ford truck, so I can't comment on battery placement - but my mid 2000's Ford work truck was stupid easy to get to the important bits.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Evening.

Ralph-Wiggum-ralph-wiggum-39630774-1340-2008.jpg

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Y'all have a Great Texas 4th of July holiday.

Below written by Smokey Culver, my old rodeo team roping partner (he headed, I heeled), horseshoeing, guitar/banjo picking partner, cowboy poet, songwriter, and investigator for Habitat for Horses; a true Texan and real all-round cowboy, still roping and riding every day.

SmokeyCulver 4th.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Was outside going to fix a water hose near the garden, and noticed a dead possum. She had a whole litter of babies, but most were already dead. We did manage to rescue these two little ones.

ZdmVhWN.jpg
    Update: Wife posted a picture of them on Facebook, and a friend of her's son has raised them before and has experience with them so they are going to a new home this evening!

Yeah! Woot! Woot!

Top Bottom