Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I used to fly RC planes with a very interesting and skilled @80yo man. He once went into his attic during the summer when his wife wasn't home and didn't come down . . . alive. Please be careful Pops.

Everyone else, too.
    It always amazes me how different life trajectories can be.

I have an 80+ year old uncle with an HVAC business. Decades ago, his daughter convinced him to retire and give her controlling interest in the business. Then she sued him out of the picture and left him penniless because she thought owning that business would be an infinite money machine. Her and her drug-addled boyfriend then set about running it into the ground.

But where they really screwed up? They pissed off the old man.

He started another HVAC company. It was just him and his truck. Five or ten years later, his old business was defunct, he had all his old customers and more, and his daughter was begging him for a job.

He determined to never stop working and being responsible for his own (financial, at least) fate. He's closing in on 90 years old and he's still climbing into attics every working day. He has young men to lift heavy things but when it comes to hooking everything together and signing off on completed jobs, he does the work for as many job sites as he can get to every week.

Like your friend, we keep expecting him to fall over in an attic somewhere. At least, we used to. Now we've just about decided he's going to outlive us all.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Damn! Took out the trash this morning and pushed some oak branches that were cut yesterday down into the trash can. One of 'em broke the skin in my left palm. It's a tiny tiny wound, like being stuck by a needle. It didn't even bleed.

An hour later, there's red inflammation in a streak a half inch wide and an inch and a half long. I happened to be near a bottle of iodine so I put on a drop and it hurt like crazy, not just at the puncture site but for half the inflamed skin area, too.

I don't think I've ever gotten that much reaction that quickly to such a small wound.

Weird. It's just weird.

Not a good way to start the day. :(

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Damn! Took out the trash this morning and pushed some oak branches that were cut yesterday down into the trash can. One of 'em broke the skin in my left palm. It's a tiny tiny wound, like being stuck by a needle. It didn't even bleed.

An hour later, there's red inflammation in a streak a half inch wide and an inch and a half long. I happened to be near a bottle of iodine so I put on a drop and it hurt like crazy, not just at the puncture site but for half the inflamed skin area, too.

I don't think I've ever gotten that much reaction that quickly to such a small wound.

Weird. It's just weird.

Not a good way to start the day. :(
    Maybe a splinter in it?

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Not much going on in here right now. Except for @benenglish finger.

coffee pot is empty.

Thing I'll take a nap while the next pot of coffee is brewing.
    I'm trying to figure out where abouts a guy like me can go wrastle up a little entertainment and some single women, maybe a Cougar or two for the evening.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Top Bottom