• SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Afternoon misfits

My day off today, so did some honey dews that mama had for me. I think later I'm gunna run the Dickens shooting drill everyone has been talking about.
    Nice, enjoy that!

Had last week off and had axrange day. Tried the best version of the Dickens my range allowed. Did well with no pressure. Shot at the steel silhouette in-between the the paper stands so I could identify the positive or neagative report.

Something I think I'll practice each time I'm at the range. Did this with my EDC of course (P365).
    39808671cde614fd6cdddad114181cf0.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Talked to the surgeon. Pathology came back as even lower grade cell changes than last time with good margins. He said it rare to catch it this early and he will follow and watch every 3 months for 2 years. He left a bit of tonsil cause it looked fine and I already had one surgery and this is one of the most painful surgeries for adults.

I can attest, definitely worse than any of my back surgeries in the acute type of focused pain. And location makes it a miserable 2 weeks. Plus he did biopsies in a couple places that still hurt but all came back clear.

So, he said he only reccomend radiation when there is actual growing cancer that penetrates other tissues and my cancer in the first surgery just started and these cell changes just started.

So that's what I'm gonna talk to the oncologist about cause she was hinting at radiation and that brings burns and possible feeding tube and I dont want to mess with that at this point. I think it's way overkill for what I had. Which is essentially stage 0 lesion already removed with clear scans and tests. No advancement or spread.

So I think I'm done except for watching. Nothing spread and if anything further pops up they can cut it out.

Did I say how absolutely painful and awful having this kind of surgery is as an adult? I had tertacane numbing pops, and lots of percocet and it was still just terrible. And I've had 13 spine surgeries. Give me another spinal fusion any day.

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Talked to the surgeon. Pathology came back as even lower grade cell changes than last time with good margins. He said it rare to catch it this early and he will follow and watch every 3 months for 2 years. He left a bit of tonsil cause it looked fine and I already had one surgery and this is one of the most painful surgeries for adults.

I can attest, definitely worse than any of my back surgeries in the acute type of focused pain. And location makes it a miserable 2 weeks. Plus he did biopsies in a couple places that still hurt but all came back clear.

So, he said he only reccomend radiation when there is actual growing cancer that penetrates other tissues and my cancer in the first surgery just started and these cell changes just started.

So that's what I'm gonna talk to the oncologist about cause she was hinting at radiation and that brings burns and possible feeding tube and I dont want to mess with that at this point. I think it's way overkill for what I had. Which is essentially stage 0 lesion already removed with clear scans and tests. No advancement or spread.

So I think I'm done except for watching. Nothing spread and if anything further pops up they can cut it out.

Did I say how absolutely painful and awful having this kind of surgery is as an adult? I had tertacane numbing pops, and lots of percocet and it was still just terrible. And I've had 13 spine surgeries. Give me another spinal fusion any day.

Sounds like you had a great doctors visit.

1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    that each visit is better than the last one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bad news, The new water heater doesn't work. Been playing phone tag run around with Lowes and the manufacturer on getting it replaced. Since we are going to be out of town tomorrow, we well have to the local store Saturday and file a warranty claim for a replacement with the manager. Then hopefully Monday they can pick up the defective water heater and deliver another new one that hopefully works.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Bad news, The new water heater doesn't work. Been playing phone tag run around with Lowes and the manufacturer on getting it replaced. Since we are going to be out of town tomorrow, we well have to the local store Saturday and file a warranty claim for a replacement with the manager. Then hopefully Monday they can pick up the defective water heater and deliver another new one that hopefully works.
    That sucks, what brand of WH is it?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Instead of my afternoon nap, I took my motorcycle to get inspected and do a little cruising around town.

When I got home, I checked the temp and found out why I was sweating so bad while cruising around town.

97 degrees with the heat index at 101 and 34% humidity. 9 MPH wind ENE to WSW.

Been home in the air conditioning for 30 minuets and still sweating some.

But it's good to be inside.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    A O Smith. same brand as the last two that were installed in our house.

That was the brand that was installed when the house was built, and when I replaced it about ten years ago, I bought the same brand from Lowes at that time.
    I was just curious, I had some issues with commercial units in the restaurants I was building some years back. They were Rheem. They had a circuit board that would go out and keep it from igniting.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I was just curious, I had some issues with commercial units in the restaurants I was building some years back. They were Rheem. They had a circuit board that would go out and keep it from igniting.
    This one is electric. Old one was working just fine, it just developed a leak and water was running out of the garage. We were turning the water off to the water heater at night.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Sorry to hear this. But if you need any hot water, just put some cold water in some pots and leave them outside for aqout 3 minuets.

ETA...and now you have plenty of experience on changing out water heaters.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Look on the bright side...

I had to hump my old one up the steps from the cellar... (by my lonesome)

And get the new one down....

Of course...the inlet/outlet were in differing locations...

Soldered it right up.....

Thank Heavens...was able to drain the old one....
    At least it's got a warranty!. And I did all the really hard work ten years ago with the inlet and outlets.

Top Bottom