msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    A Blessed Sunday afternoon yo all!
    Hey Texicans,

Several weeks ago, I got a Vaquero 5-1/2" barrel in 45LC. Case hardened! From a Texican....

Got to try it out today. At 15yds it prints about 1-1/2" high..dead center for me. Takes the bowling pins off smartly! And was ringing the 45yd iron nicely.. (one miss in two cylinders)

Put a CEINER .22 conversion on my youngest son's 1911. Magazines are easy to load. It functions well with "Hi Speed" ammo...of three flavors I tried. Federal, Remington & Winchester. Prints a shade over 1" groups (standing) at 15yds!

Took several magazines to duplicate a "failure" in my Kimber 1911, experienced by a youngster at the PIN SHOOT this past June.

Have to totally LET THE GUN GO! (this is with bowling pin ammo, I told him he was so doing)

Finally, the blame GROCK #42 in .380 I won two weeks ago. Two types of 380 FMJ no good. One brand was even too long for the magazine!

The other brand would cycle sporadically. It would not even reliably ignite FEDERAL primers...

On the 95gr LRN loads ...the length seemed ok. 2.8gr of BullsEye was too little. 3.0gr of Unique seemed about right.

In no case did I get it to cycle SIX TIMES in a blame ROW!

In addition, the magazines are a bit difficult to load...even with the tool.

It does, when it fires, shoot to point of aim at 15yds.

Was not a GROCK fan boy...thought? Since I won it...I'd give it a whirl...

In my Pea Brain, I think a person wanting a solidly reliable/accurate handgun for social work in this price range? Be best served with a GOOD, USED S&W Model 10 w/4" barrel...

I will gather up some different brands of Factory .380 ammo....and give the Grock another chance or two....

I did not try any of my buddy's IRREPLACEABLE SUPER VEL ammo.

What make this most disturbing (for those who want to decry my ammo selections) is my buddy's COLT MUSTANG just cycled all this ammo with out a glitch...plus the MUSTANG MAGAZINES are much easier to load....

Not impressed with "Grock Perfection"....

Later, Mark

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Got those big as Dexter axles back under the trailer, mounted the rims and tires, adjusted the brakes. Now it's time for a pain pill, a shot of bourbon, and flat out on the floor till the back finishes screaming at me. I gotta hire a helper next time. At least the weather is perfect for working outside.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I had a lazy day.

Didn't do a blasted thing except drink coffee,serf TGT, drank coffee, ate lunch, watched the cowboys win another game while drinking coffee, took a short nap, drank coffee, ate dinner, paid all my bills except house payment which isn't due for another 2 weeks. Now I'm drinking coffee while surfing TGT.

It's been a very quite and relaxing day.

Top Bottom