• Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Some people are better off in uniforms.
    This one was suspect bad. Most respectable level 3 or 4’s dress to a minimum of you know they take the job seriously. I roll up on to a stop and the guy had his boots loose, a sub compact gun, stains on his pants, a cheap tactical vest that was only tight on one side and no “security” or company on his vest (mandatory by law).

The general public has been fooled before by people dressing the part and the public not knowing what code uniform means so they let fakes into secure areas. So I ain’t gonna let that have our six. Commission card. Let’s see it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well......shit.

Half my mouth doesn't work right cause of the muscles they had to cut to get access to the area. When I open it the lips on the left side turn in over the teeth at a wierd angle. It should get better when they heal.

That's the good news.

The other news is not good. Hopefully what he found is simply the HPV cancer spread to a single lymph node, he said it looks like all the other hpv nodules growing in a lympth node hes found. A small chance it could be him misidentifing or another issue. It could also be something much worse.

Another week of waiting fir the answers then even more surgery inside and outside the throat and neck.

Days like today your mortality kicks you right in the mouth.

My life is just getting good, I don't know how to handle a short expiration date if that is the case. Best case scenario is a 90 percent survival rate.

So many ups and downs with this.

I just cant.

I need a vacation.

This doesn't exactly fit as I talk to God all the time. Still it's never enough is it.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Hey?
    Where is FNORD?

Calling @FNORD

Yesterday afternoon I became disoriented. I couldn’t operate my iPhone or my remote control. I couldn’t tell tell them apart. Scared me good.

From 6PM to 6PM, my sleep diary period, I slept 15h 50m in 24 sleep periods, naps. I had a high fever overnight but has subsided somewhat. My mental clarity has improved.

My good morning post is sitting where I left it. It took some effort.

Thank you for noticing.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well......shit.

Half my mouth doesn't work right cause of the muscles they had to cut to get access to the area. When I open it the lips on the left side turn in over the teeth at a wierd angle. It should get better when they heal.

That's the good news.

The other news is not good. Hopefully what he found is simply the HPV cancer spread to a single lymph node, he said it looks like all the other hpv nodules growing in a lympth node hes found. A small chance it could be him misidentifing or another issue. It could also be something much worse.

Another week of waiting fir the answers then even more surgery inside and outside the throat and neck.

My life is just getting good, I don't know how to handle a short expiration date if that is the case. Best case scenario is a 90 percent survival rate.

I just cant.

I need a vacation.

This doesn't exactly fit as I talk to God all the time. Still it's never enough is it.

Hoping for the best. You’re one of the few brutally honest good characters around here. Try to stick around.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Well......shit.

That's the good news.

I just cant.

I need a vacation.

Hang tough. Keep up the good fight, its worth it.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Well......shit.

That's the good news.

I just cant.

I need a vacation.

You’ve got to stay strong, take the positive out of every negative situation. God is Good!

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Damn Jack, I didn't call because I didn't want you to have to turn off the wifi. You better take care of yourself. I got too few friends as it is.

Colonel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Houston, 3rd Rock
    Well......shit.

That's the good news.

I just cant.

I need a vacation.

Wow, that’s a lot to digest, hoping they can get it all and give you a good prognosis.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Chicago Sunroof

Uh, quick question. Who here knows what a Chicago Sunroof is? You, sir? No? Okay. True story. Uh, back home, there was this guy named Chet. Now, Chet was a real asshole. He might have owed me some money. He might have slept with my wife before she became my ex-wife. The details don't matter. Suffice it to say, I was wronged. All right, so one summer evening, I was out having a few drinks, one or two. Maybe three. Heh, you get the picture. And, uh, who do I see? Chet. He pulled up and he double-parked outside of Dairy Queen and went in to get some soft serve. Now, Chet drove—and this will give you an idea of exactly what kind of a douchebag this guy was. Drove a white pearlescent BMW 7 series with white leather interior. Heh. So I saw that thing, and I'd had a few. Like I said. And, uh, I climbed up top, and I may have...defecated, uh, through the sunroof. Not my finest hour, I'll grant you that. But that's what a Chicago Sunroof is. Now you know. It's a real thing. I didn't make it up. I'm not the first person to do it. There's a name for it. Guy wanted some soft serve, I gave him some soft serve. I did not know that his children were in the back seat. There was a level of tint on the windows that I'll maintain to this day was not legal in an Illinois-licensed vehicle. But somehow, that's on me, I guess. Who leaves two Cub Scouts in a double-parked car with the engine running? Come on. Now, Chet was connected, see. Like, uh, Cicero, connected. So usually I'd be looking at malicious mischief, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, maybe. But he's got the DA saying indecent exposure. Calling me a sex offender. What? One little Chicago Sunroof, and suddenly I'm Charles Manson?! And that's where it all went off the rails. I've been paying for it ever since. That's why I'm here!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks everyone for your prayers. They are needed and greatly appreciated.

I'm still processing this as we still don't have a clear answer and direction. I will probably still need the rest of my tonsil out in addition to more lymph node resection. Fraking Insc companies are most likely to blame on doing stuff incrementally. They just cost themselves more in the end. My last throat surgery cost 25 grand. The first was about 15 cause it was at a surgical center. That's 40 grand when they could have saved 25 but doing it all at once the first time but they only approved a partial removal for biopsy.

I won't even get to how painful those procedures are for adults. I'll just say I've had 13 back surgeries and even the worst of them was less painful than that tonsil surgery. The back surgery pain greatly lowered after about 5 days. At ten days you are needing very low pain meds compared to 10 days on lots of pain meds from the throat surgery.

Although my neck is swollen and I smile like Elvis or Sylvester Stallone the pain isn't too bad.

I just hope life keeps marching on for a decade or 3.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Chicago Sunroof

Uh, quick question. Who here knows what a Chicago Sunroof is? You, sir? No? Okay. True story. Uh, back home, there was this guy named Chet. Now, Chet was a real asshole. He might have owed me some money. He might have slept with my wife before she became my ex-wife. The details don't matter. Suffice it to say, I was wronged. All right, so one summer evening, I was out having a few drinks, one or two. Maybe three. Heh, you get the picture. And, uh, who do I see? Chet. He pulled up and he double-parked outside of Dairy Queen and went in to get some soft serve. Now, Chet drove—and this will give you an idea of exactly what kind of a douchebag this guy was. Drove a white pearlescent BMW 7 series with white leather interior. Heh. So I saw that thing, and I'd had a few. Like I said. And, uh, I climbed up top, and I may have...defecated, uh, through the sunroof. Not my finest hour, I'll grant you that. But that's what a Chicago Sunroof is. Now you know. It's a real thing. I didn't make it up. I'm not the first person to do it. There's a name for it. Guy wanted some soft serve, I gave him some soft serve. I did not know that his children were in the back seat. There was a level of tint on the windows that I'll maintain to this day was not legal in an Illinois-licensed vehicle. But somehow, that's on me, I guess. Who leaves two Cub Scouts in a double-parked car with the engine running? Come on. Now, Chet was connected, see. Like, uh, Cicero, connected. So usually I'd be looking at malicious mischief, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, maybe. But he's got the DA saying indecent exposure. Calling me a sex offender. What? One little Chicago Sunroof, and suddenly I'm Charles Manson?! And that's where it all went off the rails. I've been paying for it ever since. That's why I'm here!
    You worry me son.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Morning....

Thanks everyone for your prayers. They are needed and greatly appreciated.

I'm still processing this as we still don't have a clear answer and direction. I will probably still need the rest of my tonsil out in addition to more lymph node resection. Fraking Insc companies are most likely to blame on doing stuff incrementally. They just cost themselves more in the end. My last throat surgery cost 25 grand. The first was about 15 cause it was at a surgical center. That's 40 grand when they could have saved 25 but doing it all at once the first time but they only approved a partial removal for biopsy.

I won't even get to how painful those procedures are for adults. I'll just say I've had 13 back surgeries and even the worst of them was less painful than that tonsil surgery. The back surgery pain greatly lowered after about 5 days. At ten days you are needing very low pain meds compared to 10 days on lots of pain meds from the throat surgery.

Although my neck is swollen and I smile like Elvis or Sylvester Stallone the pain isn't too bad.

I just hope life keeps marching on for a decade or 3.

Praying for you....

Top Bottom