• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No, I meant I heard it on the news, just before posting it.

I thought they said "no homes at all".

State Farm is stopping the sale of new home-insurance policies in California effective Saturday, because of wildfire risk and rapid inflation in construction costs.
    Probably a paywall: https://www.wsj.com/articles/state-farm-halts-home-insurance-sales-in-california-5748c771
    State Farm is the largest underwriter for homeowner policies in CA. Page 8 is informative on the near-wholesale exit from California homeowner lines.

That state is an interesting study in failed insurance regulation.
    Target Sports

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    State Farm is stopping the sale of new home-insurance policies in California effective Saturday, because of wildfire risk and rapid inflation in construction costs.
    Probably a paywall: https://www.wsj.com/articles/state-farm-halts-home-insurance-sales-in-california-5748c771
    State Farm is the largest underwriter for homeowner policies in CA. Page 8 is informative on the near-wholesale exit from California homeowner lines.

That state is an interesting study in failed insurance regulation.
    If you recall?

When it rained in New Orleans?

And the Insurance Scam Firms had to actually pay a few claims?

They got like $800+ Billions in bail outs?

All the big wigs gave their thieving selves $800+millions in bonuses...??

Wonder why they get regulated?

Oh?

They are lying thieves...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    2300 liquid calories in and an additional 2 liters of water. So that's more than 3 litres of liquids plus the calories.

I'm done with radiation next week and still weigh more than when I started. Can I stay off the feeding tube? I might get it put in but it won't be till my last day of radiation than things are supposed to get better quickly so I'm not decided. I havnt heard from them yet so.......

One doc says they are great and the other says once people get on them they have a hard time learning to swallow again. I'm so close to the end and I can still get the calories in...painfully though. So.....I'm on the fence.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    2300 liquid calories in and an additional 2 liters of water. So that's more than 3 litres of liquids plus the calories.

I'm done with radiation next week and still weigh more than when I started. Can I stay off the feeding tube? I might get it put in but it won't be till my last day of radiation than things are supposed to get better quickly so I'm not decided. I havnt heard from them yet so.......

One doc says they are great and the other says once people get on them they have a hard time learning to swallow again. I'm so close to the end and I can still get the calories in...painfully though. So.....I'm on the fence.
    Hoping/Praying for the best...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

No tube.
    No.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

You do what you think/know is best for you.

Me...I would not want to go anywhere or look at myself in a mirror and seeing the tube sticking out of my mouth. But.that's me.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Good mornnin fellow gun toters. It's Taco Tuesday!

:banana:

img_4341-jpeg.389680

Not my style of gun but I can appreciate the craftspersonship. :p

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You do what you think/know is best for you.

Me...I would not want to go anywhere or look at myself in a mirror and seeing the tube sticking out of my mouth. But.that's me.
    It's the kind that goes thru your stomach but I hear ya. There is a ng tube that goes thru your nose.

I may have to have a port put in cause chemo is hard on your veins and I'm running out of them in my arms.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It's the kind that goes thru your stomach but I hear ya. There is a ng tube that goes thru your nose.

I may have to have a port put in cause chemo is hard on your veins and I'm running out of them in my arms.

Definitely get the port put in. One less painful thing to deal with every time, and when you're done they can take it out.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

I have to agree with coiled. You made it this far, don't take the easy way out now. You can do this.
    I have not gone through what you are, but I have spent many years dealing with joint pain and injuries. Some to the point of being pass out painful. Broken bones, steal plates, having 2"x1/4inch lag bolts impacted into my finger and unscrewing it mysef,,,not to mention several surgeries, all without taking pain killers. Once the surgical anisthetic wore off, it was grit and put up with it. It can be done.
    It only hurts if you mind the pain. Pain is my constant friend. It lets me know I am still alive. Along with the constant ringing in my ears. And yes, like any friend, they can sometimes be very annoying.

You can do this. When it is all over and done, it makes life even sweeter without it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Slept a couple hours. Took my meds and drank 550 calories and a half liter of water. Gotta do that 3 more times today.

It is gritting it out. But like exercise the endorphins are a little reward.

I tell you though @jrbfishn I've had 13 back surgeries and right now the last fusion is broke and the disc is ruptured. I'll never bitch about that pain again lol. I was taking a hell of a lot less pain meds fir that. 1/3 the morphine and 1/4 the percocet. The percocet was purely to exercise. I was able to walk a mile a day 15 to 20 min and even hobble thru mowing the lawn sometimes. I can barely get the energey to goto radiation now.

Being blessed can mean many different things. I will be a bit less crotchety of a crippled crotchety basterd when I get back there.

I told the radiation doc Tuesday that I would refer people to him and not to take thus the wrong way but when we're done I never want to see him again. Lol. Maybe I should have waited a few weeks so he doesn't turn the bbq setting up for my last few treatments.

Nap time I think. Rambling helps you get thru those rough times.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Slept a couple hours. Took my meds and drank 550 calories and a half liter of water. Gotta do that 3 more times today.

It is gritting it out. But like exercise the endorphins are a little reward.

I tell you though @jrbfishn I've had 13 back surgeries and right now the last fusion is broke and the disc is ruptured. I'll never bitch about that pain again lol. I was taking a hell of a lot less pain meds fir that. 1/3 the morphine and 1/4 the percocet. The percocet was purely to exercise. I was able to walk a mile a day 15 to 20 min and even hobble thru mowing the lawn sometimes. I can barely get the energey to goto radiation now.

Being blessed can mean many different things. I will be a bit less crotchety of a crippled crotchety basterd when I get back there.

I told the radiation doc Tuesday that I would refer people to him and not to take thus the wrong way but when we're done I never want to see him again. Lol. Maybe I should have waited a few weeks so he doesn't turn the bbq setting up for my last few treatments.

Nap time I think. Rambling helps you get thru those rough times.

I believe that many of us enjoy your ramblings. They express the reality of your situation and it helps us to better understand your challenges and embolden meaningful prayer for your upcoming recovery. I admire your strength and fortitude. Ramble on my friend.

Top Bottom