• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That shit is annoying and will make people just block him.

A little better sales practices are in order. Nowadays developing lists of customers thru click driven methods and giveaways is a vastly superior way of driving traffic and developing contacts than to bump old threads on what is probably dozens of forums. Places like century psa have it down. They communicate daily with actual customers or high quality interested leads.

That said im sure such a campaign costs money and the product to get started.

I wish them well but still it annoying to see a page of notifications taken up by old for sale posts you already went thru.
    I must have them on ignore already since I've not seen anything.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't block anyone. I'm afraid it might get addictive! Lol

Besides, I couldn't then make fun of a couple folks who just love to issue press releases when they add someone to their blocked list. That's about a narcissistic thing as you can do. Lol make the announcement to someone you can't stand to hear from that you're blocking them.

Besides. Everyone is so entertaining you might just miss something extremely important or, of extreme importance to me. Funny.

I still reserve the right to make spreadsheet jokes. That's a long running TGT gag.

Sooooo

I may have adjust my spreadsheet and put a Chek mark next to someone's name........

Besides no one would block me so what's the point. If you can stand my annoying snarky crotchety bs you can stand anything.

Well except for 2 pages of bumped old ads. I gotta admit that's annoying.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't block anyone. I'm afraid it might get addictive! Lol
    As a mod, I don't block anybody but...

...2 pages of bumped old ads. I gotta admit that's annoying.
    ...I can affirm from personal and recent experience that the classified ads around here work pretty well.

:)

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    As a mod, I don't block anybody but...

...I can affirm from personal and recent experience that the classified ads around here work pretty well.

:)
    Also. While yours sold so quick it didn't matter..

But.....

the bumping old posts threw yours to the send page. Of the notifications for new posts page, which is how many of us attack the wonderful content we find on here daily, I guess that's the point. I would like to be able to see screaming deals like yours before wading thru 2 pages of old stuff everyone has already decided on.

Nit picking? Ofcourse but it's a slow Saturday.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Also. While yours sold so quick it didn't matter..

But.....

the bumping old posts threw yours to the send page. Of the notifications for new posts page, which is how many of us attack the wonderful content we find on here daily, I guess that's the point. I would like to be able to see screaming deals like yours before wading thru 2 pages of old stuff everyone has already decided on.

Nit picking? Ofcourse but it's a slow Saturday.
    Every new "gun sale ad" shows up same as watched threads.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Valid thoughts. There are different ways to interface with the forum, different software, different routines for what view people bring up by default and what they'll see.

None of them, server side or client side, are ideal.

One of these days, I wish a dozen active posters could sit in a room together and demonstrate how they read TGT. I would find it very educational.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    c40ce5378e15f36d664aa676ef2c5238.jpg

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Valid thoughts. There are different ways to interface with the forum, different software, different routines for what view people bring up by default and what they'll see.

None of them, server side or client side, are ideal.

One of these days, I wish a dozen active posters could sit in a room together and demonstrate how they read TGT. I would find it very educational.

It's very simple for me.

If it's a thread that I want to read, like this one, I just click on "watch" and every time someone post on which ever tread I'm watching, it automatically shows up in my watched post.

ETA...Also in my alerts.

Top Bottom