• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If you think that's a worthwhile task, it's easy enough to find a good Thai restaurant. When the server asks your preferred spice level, order "Thai hot."

I'll never make that mistake again.
    BTDT ... never thought it could be too hot for coonass.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Good Morning!
    If you think that's a worthwhile task, it's easy enough to find a good Thai restaurant. When the server asks your preferred spice level, order "Thai hot."

When I lived in Houston I had a coworker from India. He enjoyed watching me suffer when ne'd cook or we would go to an Indian Restaurant. If it was painful going in, it will be painful going out!

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Today is Mark Twain's birthday.
    1701356569460.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

There's a Thai place in Terrell that's really good. On their menu, they have the little peppers by the name of the meal to indicate how hot it is. One pepper to five peppers is the range. I like Thai food, and I like it kind'a spicy, so when I ordered my Pad Thai and the pretty waitress asked how hot, I smiled and said "three peppers" because mid-range seemed safe.

Turns out their "pepper" scale is calibrated for Thai people who eat Thai food like grandma used to make.

I ate that meal with sweat pouring off of me. The spiciness was that perfect kind of spicy - it didn't interfere with the flavor, it just loomed behind me and smacked me upside the head from time to time while laughing at the white guy who thought he liked spicy food. Subtle, but overwhelming. The waitress managed not to laugh, but I could see how amused she was. She was also sweet enough to keep the tea refills coming fast enough to keep up with my desperation, and when we were done eating she recommended a dessert to give relief from the spiciness that neither my wife nor I would have thought to try, but it's ridiculously delicious - sweet rice with coconut milk and mango slices.

I order "two pepper" spiciness now.

Top Bottom