• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    See, that's the thing. It'll still taste rancid, so I'll (maybe) be slightly more energetic while I puke my guts out...
    I'm no fan of coffee. For the longest time the smell of it in the morning gagged me. Most of mt career as a meat cutter put me at work at stupid hours & I never used coffee.

The way this is made is using sweetened condensed milk. Enough to over power the coffee taste, and when drank over ice tricks my brain that its not coffee. I find people either love it for the effect or hate it for the same reason. I like the taste.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    General,...was more a humorous response wasn't trying to argue you into anything. Much respect for all you do and bring to all of us.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I maybe sounded more serious than I was...if so, I apologize for the false impression. Sometimes you coffee addicts can be a prickly bunch. BTW, a lesson we learned with my dad - if your wife ever (heaven forbid) has to be taken to the ER, do NOT let them keep you from going back with her. If she's in pain, the first thing they'll do is pump her full of dilaudid, which is apparently the current opiate of choice.

One of the times my dad had to be rushed to the ER they barred my sister from going back with him. By the time I made it down from Dallas, 4 hours later, she was still arguing with the ER desk, and a doctor came out to tell us he was going to put Dad in the psych ward because of the symptoms he was exhibiting. I said "Oh really? Tell me, is he raving, trying to pull the IV out, yelling that he has to get out of there, and mistaking you all for government agents?"

"Well...yes..."

"That's because some dipshit shot him full of dilaudid while my sister here was telling you not to. Great job! It's in his goddamn medical records and should be on his chart since he's a frequent patient here - which you'd know if you'd bothered to look it up first!"

Meanwhile, my sister started typing on her phone, and announced to the doctor that she was looking up contact information for the Texas State Medical Board...

We didn't see that doctor for the rest of the time Dad was in the hospital, but they quickly changed the pain medication they were giving him and within the hour we were both back in the ER cubicle with him. Afterward, once he was in a regular room, nobody could tell us why she hadn't been allowed to go back with him and oversee his care since she and I both had power of attorney and it was on file with the hospital. There were many long conversations with the head nurse that week.

--------------------------------

BTW, if the caffeine is the whole point, then why is there decaf coffee? Isn't that just self-flagellation?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Probably drinks Bud Light out of the cup

I'll tell you where you can stick that Bud Light. I didn't drink that swill even before it became tranny fluid.

Still no scotch in the cup.

Poser

You gonna pony up for it? Good Scotch is expensive. No true Scotsman wastes money getting wasted on the good stuff. It's for sipping and savoring, you heathen sassenach.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    For me, caffeine is indeed a myth. For your wife, it sounds more like opiates are a danger as they were to my dad. You know, you can't argue me into being capable of getting a caffeine rush. It's simply not a thing in my world. I've tried to experience one. I've slammed a dozen Red Bulls in an hour. All I got was a mild stomach ache. Stimulants do nothing for me. Scoff if you want to, but it doesn't change the lack of effect caffeine has.
    In Africa the out night hunting or sitting all night over a leopard bait they use Bio Plus

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm no fan of coffee. For the longest time the smell of it in the morning gagged me. Most of mt career as a meat cutter put me at work at stupid hours & I never used coffee.

The way this is made is using sweetened condensed milk. Enough to over power the coffee taste, and when drank over ice tricks my brain that its not coffee. I find people either love it for the effect or hate it for the same reason. I like the taste.

I bought a strawberry smoothie at a coffee shop my wife frequents, after being assured that everything was washed after any coffee drink was made. After about six sips of the smoothie, I started detecting a rancid aftertaste that took me a moment to identify. Coffee. Apparently "washed" meant "rinsed off", and there was some coffee contaminating the smoothie.

I don't believe there's enough sweet cream in the world to overpower coffee taste in anything I might drink. I can detect it. And still, the caffeine won't have any more effect on me than through any other delivery method.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I maybe sounded more serious than I was...if so, I apologize for the false impression. Sometimes you coffee addicts can be a prickly bunch. BTW, a lesson we learned with my dad - if your wife ever (heaven forbid) has to be taken to the ER, do NOT let them keep you from going back with her. If she's in pain, the first thing they'll do is pump her full of dilaudid, which is apparently the current opiate of choice.

One of the times my dad had to be rushed to the ER they barred my sister from going back with him. By the time I made it down from Dallas, 4 hours later, she was still arguing with the ER desk, and a doctor came out to tell us he was going to put Dad in the psych ward because of the symptoms he was exhibiting. I said "Oh really? Tell me, is he raving, trying to pull the IV out, yelling that he has to get out of there, and mistaking you all for government agents?"

"Well...yes..."

"That's because some dipshit shot him full of dilaudid while my sister here was telling you not to. Great job! It's in his goddamn medical records and should be on his chart since he's a frequent patient here - which you'd know if you'd bothered to look it up first!"

Meanwhile, my sister started typing on her phone, and announced to the doctor that she was looking up contact information for the Texas State Medical Board...

We didn't see that doctor for the rest of the time Dad was in the hospital, but they quickly changed the pain medication they were giving him and within the hour we were both back in the ER cubicle with him. Afterward, once he was in a regular room, nobody could tell us why she hadn't been allowed to go back with him and oversee his care since she and I both had power of attorney and it was on file with the hospital. There were many long conversations with the head nurse that week.

--------------------------------

BTW, if the caffeine is the whole point, then why is there decaf coffee? Isn't that just self-flagellation?
    Much appreciated bout meds!
    Reason for decaf iludes me same as non alcohol beer what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I bought a strawberry smoothie at a coffee shop my wife frequents, after being assured that everything was washed after any coffee drink was made. After about six sips of the smoothie, I started detecting a rancid aftertaste that took me a moment to identify. Coffee. Apparently "washed" meant "rinsed off", and there was some coffee contaminating the smoothie.

I don't believe there's enough sweet cream in the world to overpower coffee taste in anything I might drink. I can detect it. And still, the caffeine won't have any more effect on me than through any other delivery method.

Because you despise the taste of coffee and don't get the buzz, you might be a good candidate for a 4 ounce Folgers Columbian enema. You just have a helper work the coffee can and funnel while you bend over a barrel. When grandpa did grandma, he used a 12 ga. cleaning rod like he was loading a cannon. Grandma said it would give a more intense buzz wthout the awfull coffee taste. Might worth tryin.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Because you despise the taste of coffee and don't get the buzz, you might be a good candidate for a 4 ounce Folgers Columbian enema. You just have a helper work the coffee can and funnel while you bend over a barrel. When grandpa did grandma, he used a 12 ga. cleaning rod like he was loading a cannon. Grandma said it would give a more intense buzz wthout the awfull coffee taste. Might worth tryin.

There are other caffeinated drinks besides coffee. I've tried them. It does nothing. I've tried to get a sugar rush before - I ate a pound of Pixie Stix with a couple of Hershey bars and two Dr Peppers within 30 minutes. It did nothing.

On the upside, when I decided to cut Dr Peppers out of my diet because I need to lose weight, I had no trouble at all ditching them.

And if you come near me with a funnel, it's not me that'll get the non-medically recommended enema...

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    There are other caffeinated drinks besides coffee. I've tried them. It does nothing. I've tried to get a sugar rush before - I ate a pound of Pixie Stix with a couple of Hershey bars and two Dr Peppers within 30 minutes. It did nothing.

On the upside, when I decided to cut Dr Peppers out of my diet because I need to lose weight, I had no trouble at all ditching them.

And if you come near me with a funnel, it's not me that'll get the non-medically recommended enema...
    How the hell did you not go into some kind of diabetic coma or something?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    abandon thread.gif

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    While we're on the subject of coffee....

I, almost, keep a cup of coffee with me all the time.From the time I wake up til the time I go to bed.Coffee is suppose to be a stimulant but it doesn't keep be awake. I can, and do, drink coffee as I get ready for bed and go right to sleep. I like the taste of coffee and drink it constantly. But, I do know people who don't like or drink coffee.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    While we're on the subject of coffee....

I, almost, keep a cup of coffee with me all the time.From the time I wake up til the time I go to bed.Coffee is suppose to be a stimulant but it doesn't keep be awake. I can, and do, drink coffee as I get ready for bed and go right to sleep. I like the taste of coffee and drink it constantly. But, I do know people who don't like or drink coffee.
    cafiene is also natural pain reliever

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I don't notice a stimulate effect from coffee and can drink it before bed with no adverse effect. I drink coffee because I like the taste, it's not about caffeine, I like Earl Grey too, go figure. That said not all coffee (like whisky) is tasty to me. It's like saying you love Highland Scotch but not Speyside. Some are nectar of the gods, others peat flavored iodine regardless of the region, my brother's taste in Whisky in deplorable.
    If you've only tasted coffees not to your liking, maybe you just haven't had one to your taste, Jamaica Blue Mountain is a personal favorite, I wouldn't drink Sumatra with a gun to my head.
    Hard as it may be to believe, there are some people that think Scotch tastes bad!

Top Bottom