• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    No kidding. Surprised me she was shot 4 times with a 9mm, and later treated and released. Only took her 2 shots, while handcuffed, to end him. :)
    594ba496af196.jpeg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I didn't. Glad you did.
    If it was me who'd received it, believing it was real, I'd have called Chase to close the account. I won't do business with those kind of outfits.
    There are scammers purporting to be all manner of financial firms.

Got an email/txt from one last Fall...(was busy welding on a track hoe)....

Went down to bank the next day.....and changed my security arrangements.

They asked for my SSN...which is what "tripped my trigger"...

It was an official looking text/email....(and I was busy, at the end of the day trying to get this done so the owner could pick it up, he had a big dirt job on the books)..

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Huffed some paint while testing rattlecan colors/durability for a spare parts project I was tinkering with...glad that I did because neither the green (satin hunt club green FYI) nor the bold contrast with the brown passed my vibe check. I am happy to see how well this old tumbler and my aluminum spit cup have been holding up to two weeks of daily use and hand washing, that gave me all the confidence I needed to apply Rust-Oleum to the project.
    0263f25a015a0bec226a9ffd9ad92e2d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I did like that brown though, and a quick peak around the room indicated that it would work with most everything that I already had, so to the Internet I went image searching...and came up with surprisingly few results for what I saw in my head. Seems as if few of the cool kids were running earth brown lower receivers, but I had a plan and I needed to see how it would come to life so another test mule was needed. Out came a previously painted almost 20 year old Boyd's stock that needed a refresh so I wiped it down with alcohol and taped her up and laid down some Rust-Oleum camo earth brown, flat deep forest green, and some matte clear. Better than it was and I'm digging the earth brown even though I again went too heavy with it. Enter exhibit b.
    318d832044414081b6ae2ca39adc9549.jpg

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Matte earth brown fit my vision so I wiped the old poverty pony lower down with acetone and taped it up before huffing more paint...totally looking forward to see how it will age with use over time. Enter exhibit c. This is genuinely a spare parts project, and the previous owner of the brace had already painted it, so I hit it with a little brown and green while I was at it.
    754799d1922560131da58a3fe9d2f366.jpg

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    No kidding. Surprised me she was shot 4 times with a 9mm, and later treated and released. Only took her 2 shots, while handcuffed, to end him. :)
    Just think if she was shot with a 30 Super Cheap.Most likely they would just bounce off her.

BUT...........................................................

With the 48 ZAP there would be much of her left.

:argue: :flag::rocket::argue:;)

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Assembled the lower while most others were distracted by the moon blocking out the sun, then slapped the dedicated .22lr upper on top. Exhibit d will work for me! Threw some homebrewed lube where necessary and function checked with 150 rounds of random leftover ammo that I keep in a nalgene, no issues yet. The brace came with a shorter handguard that was painted to match by the p.o. but I haven't looked to see if it will fit, I want better access so I can play with muzzle devices. The SBPDW and LaRue A-Peg (great grip for $10!!!) match another pistol build so this feels familiar. Further testing will reveal what it likes to eat suppressed, then a lower swap should increase the rate of fire. Reliability is a concern of mine given the platform details but I have a bag full of Bore Buddy parts to tune with, end goal being reliable uninterrupted suppressed mag dumps. I think I can I think I can I think I can.

On another note while I have your attention, should I be using an action vise or something purpose built to stabilize an upper for properly torquing muzzle devices? I don't have the knowledge nor tools to over ride my desire to swap muzzle devices in the manner that I think I should, if there's anyone in Southeast Houston that wants to show me the tips I would appreciate it.
    94e3a93c76f5a277fdc0ef149733798c.jpg

Top Bottom