• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was reading an article about this on the page that was posted. It is a railroad bridge. Cant go up with it without raising the surrounding RR crossings on the upper side. Cant go down because there are already a bunch of utilities buried under the road.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/11_foot_8_Bridge

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!
    Yeah, I thought it was the same, wasn't positive.
    Guns International

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Not sure if that's the one that has a railroad running over it, if so there isn't much more height they can go. They would have to do like they do here and lower the road, or dip to gain height.

Hmmm. If they dip under it, it becomes a Flood Hazard! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not the same bridge, unless the picture on that website is wrong.
    You made me go back and look.

I think it's the same bridge. The signage is different but that bridge has undergone lots of radical window dressing over the years to try to get people to stop hitting it.

What I see is:
    • The basic structure is the same, with those perfectly vertical supports on either side of the lanes of traffic.
    • The width of the traffic lanes is the same.
    • The overhead beams are tough to see but appear to be the same.
    • The minimum legally mandated signage, the type 3 object marker for the abutment (the tall rectangle with alternating black and yellow stripes) is present in the same place in both bits of media. Finally,
    • The street coming in from the right but not crossing the road is unusual enough to be an indicator that this is the same bridge.
    Granted, the video is quite old and has almost none of the signage shown in the still picture. Also, it's surrounded by so much overgrown foliage that the sidewalks are not visible which makes, at first glance, it appear that the traffic lanes are a different width even though I don't think they are. IOW, they look very different at first glance. However, cut all that brush and I think it would be clear that the bridge from the picture on Wikipedia and the bridge on the LiveLeak video are the same.

I could be wrong. If so, my apologies.

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    44a377723f19ba65a509d3277c418486.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    YEah, the green stuff that occupies the dirt. My POS mower is a POS. It's about time to buy a new mower. Something I don't have to take apart every time I need to use it. I got it for free but still.

Might go to Lowe's and ponder the mower selection.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    YEah, the green stuff that occupies the dirt. My POS mower is a POS. It's about time to buy a new mower. Something I don't have to take apart every time I need to use it. I got it for free but still.

We call that goathead weeds around here.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

I recently bought a mower at Tractor Supply. Heck of a deal, works great, and could actually find someone to help me and answer questions! I don't go to Lowe's or Home Depot unless everything else is closed and I need it immediately.

Top Bottom