• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    So, I'm just getting up from dinner and fixin' to give the dog my scraps and gravy from my chicken dinner when I just happen to look out the window and see the dog do a VERY sudden side jump and start barking incessantly. I look a bit closer and say to myself, "That rock has never been there before." No sooner than that, the "rock" did a soft strike at the mutt. He wasn't bit, thankfully. All this happened in about a second and a half. Well, the snake is buzzard food but, I realized that I suck at trying to hit a moving target the size of a tennis ball at a safe distance. And that from now on, a loaded shotgun will be outside the safe from now on.

And yes, I did put some good sized holes in the body with the "ARX" ammo. Quite pleased with its performance. Just ticks me off that I needed to do a reload to finally kill it.

Just a warning that the Rattlers are out and on the prowl.
    Hurley's Gold

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Pup is back to his old self again, but under house arrest except for quick trips to the bathroom due to them leaving the catheter (basically an IV) in just incase he has some issues. They are going to remove it monday if nothing comes up between now and then. I did bring him out to the shop to cast some bullets and reload some .45 ACP though. He isnt too happy with not getting to run and play with his buddy. View attachment 135438 View attachment 135439

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Awesome news

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

Just got done having 30 students from Andrews High School coming to do some welding in competition. I just love those last minute "Oh, by the way"s. That's ok, my work week is now just minutes from being over.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    So, I'm just getting up from dinner and fixin' to give the dog my scraps and gravy from my chicken dinner when I just happen to look out the window and see the dog do a VERY sudden side jump and start barking incessantly. I look a bit closer and say to myself, "That rock has never been there before." No sooner than that, the "rock" did a soft strike at the mutt. He wasn't bit, thankfully. All this happened in about a second and a half. Well, the snake is buzzard food but, I realized that I suck at trying to hit a moving target the size of a tennis ball at a safe distance. And that from now on, a loaded shotgun will be outside the safe from now on.

And yes, I did put some good sized holes in the body with the "ARX" ammo. Quite pleased with its performance. Just ticks me off that I needed to do a reload to finally kill it.

Just a warning that the Rattlers are out and on the prowl.
    I saw a 5’ diamondback on Wednesday. I was walking towards the pumping unit it was in when it scurried out. I backed up 3 big steps and reached for my hip, when I suddenly remembered I was in a yard that belonged to a huge oil company, and guns are strictly forbidden. Before I knew what was happening, the oil company rep with me suddenly pulled out his little purple LC9 and emptied the magazine into it. As I stood there looking at him then at the dead snake, he told me that out there they ignored the no guns policy. I just said “good to know” and never mentioned whether I was carrying or not.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I kinda had that feeling of OHH $hitt when I had emptied the mag. and realized I was in my loose fitting house shorts without my spare mag. and it started slithering in my direction. I'm not swearing to it but, like yours, I'd say it was at least five foot and maybe closer to six. Woulda' made a nice hat band if it didn't have so many holes in it and missing it's head.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I kinda had that feeling of OHH $hitt when I had emptied the mag. and realized I was in my loose fitting house shorts without my spare mag. and it started slithering in my direction. I'm not swearing to it but, like yours, I'd say it was at least five foot and maybe closer to six. Woulda' made a nice hat band if it didn't have so many holes in it and missing it's head.
    There’s nothing wrong with bullet holes and missing head on a rattler hat band.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    :laughing:

Correction to be made. I hobbled out to where it died to prove to the dog it was dead and see if it was still there. I guess it was too close to the fence for the scavengers to get. It looks closer to four something foot long. Guess it looks A LOT bigger when ready to strike

Last edited:

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    I was up at 4am pretty sick. Managed to go back to sleep at 5 and wake up again about 9:50.
    Have to be at work by 3. It's going to be one of those days

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom