Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone on here familiar with the APA style of writing?
    I'm not.

However, I'm familiar with several other styles. Some industries are pretty picky about styles. Scriptwriting, for example, is almost totally standardized and deviations are not well tolerated. For every industry-standard style I've ever used there has been a Word or Wordperfect (Yes, I'm old.) template to keep me on track.

For example, I use LibreOffice. In the repository of LibreOffice add-ons, there's an APA template. It looks like this:

cdMcn04.jpg

That looks to me like it would be very helpful if I had to do what you're describing.

Is there no such thing for APA style for your chosen word processing program? Or does it exist but it's just not helpful enough?

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    I'm not.

However, I'm familiar with several other styles. Some industries are pretty picky about styles. Scriptwriting, for example, is almost totally standardized and deviations are not well tolerated. For every industry-standard style I've ever used there has been a Word or Wordperfect (Yes, I'm old.) template to keep me on track.

For example, I use LibreOffice. In the repository of LibreOffice add-ons, there's an APA template. It looks like this:

View attachment 143501

That looks to me like it would be very helpful if I had to do what you're describing.

Is there no such thing for APA style for your chosen word processing program? Or does it exist but it's just not helpful enough?
    I'll check.
    I have templates, but I've never actually looked at them. I've done all my writing as guess work pretty much.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    I'm not.

View attachment 143501

I checked my laptop this morning before going to work. I do have an APA template!! Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    If you need examples, I have about 30 papers from my Master's program over the last year and a half with how it is supposed to be done. It isn't hard and once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    If you need examples, I have about 30 papers from my Master's program over the last year and a half with how it is supposed to be done. It isn't hard and once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.
    I would absolutely love a couple of examples. I would benefit a lot from that.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom