• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Dose anyone know of any gun shops that carry 1911 parts in NW houston or close to it. I haven't been able to find anyone that carries anything except mags.
    Thanks
    Robert

boscoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Tomball
    Have you tried Pruett's off Huffmeister and 290? I don't know if they carry parts but I would imagine they could point you to someone who does. It would be worth a phone call.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I do not run a gun shop but I have some brand new Wilson Combat 1911 parts and I am in Houston. Some extended safeties, anyway, I'll have to check my box 'o' parts. What do you need?

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Pruetts was the first place I stopped by and they only had mags. Over priced ones at that and the guy I spoke with couldn't think of anyone that dose. The main reason I am asking is for reference. I recently bought an ambi safety off line that turned out to be crap. So I got another one from somewhere else an ed brown. It took some extensive work with my dremal to make it work, but it dose work. I would like to be able to see the part next time to gauge the quality and such before I drop the cash for it.
    timberwolf- what do you have

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Looks like all I currently have is:
    Wilson extended thumb safeties - 6BN, 6S, and 6B
    Wilson sear 314C
    Wilson extended combat ejector 34
    STI 5.1" one piece guide rod
    STI reverse plug (goes with the guide rod)

I'll sell all parts a few bucks below the Wilson or STI list price. The safeties go for $31.99 from Wilson, I'll let 'em go for $25, for example.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Are the safeties ambi, because that's what I need being a lefty and will they fit a SW, I think its got a wider than most frame

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Sound like you are a candidate for visiting gun shows. Many parts to be found and you only waste hours and hours searching. Stores don't stock parts as much these days. Inventory cost money and you never know when something will sell. Also if you have it government is going to tax it. Its uncle Sam's effort to put brick and mortar stores out of business. Online is the chance you take. Unless you buy from the same maker as the gun almost all 1911 parts need fitting including your own brand. Makers want the least effort and cost, then sell online, so uncle Sam can bitch about not getting the tax revenue from online sales while trying to kill brick and mortar stores. America is still the best country on Earth, but we are fast working on becoming France.
    Whew, nothing like a good rant in the morning.
    While on the subject, take a look at the number of ranges and gun stoes in Houston, then look at how many more there are in smaller towns like Austin. Houston sucks.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Sound like you are a candidate for visiting gun shows. Many parts to be found and you only waste hours and hours searching. Stores don't stock parts as much these days. Inventory cost money and you never know when something will sell. Also if you have it government is going to tax it. Its uncle Sam's effort to put brick and mortar stores out of business. Online is the chance you take. Unless you buy from the same maker as the gun almost all 1911 parts need fitting including your own brand. Makers want the least effort and cost, then sell online, so uncle Sam can bitch about not getting the tax revenue from online sales while trying to kill brick and mortar stores. America is still the best country on Earth, but we are fast working on becoming France.
    Whew, nothing like a good rant in the morning.
    While on the subject, take a look at the number of ranges and gun stoes in Houston, then look at how many more there are in smaller towns like Austin. Houston sucks.
    The last gun show I went to only a few people carried parts and no one with what I was looking. So I got a Mossberg 500. I then found some one with what I needed after I spent all my money.
    but I have found a couple more shops in my area
    One on jones and 1960 right behind 24 hour fitness, its small but friendly staff
    One on spring cypress and 249 spectre fire arms I think, also friendly staff
    And there's one more I havent gone looking for yet on highway 6 and clay
    in case someone else is looking

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom