• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It will be nice when this little experiment is over.

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    With the debt level we are currently at, it seems there may be some necessary. The only way I could agree with them is if they were directed only towards reducing the debt, although that will probably never happen.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Once again, my representatives hear from me.
    I don't mind contacting them, I just hate that I have to so often.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I wouldn't mind certain tax increases or Social Security reform...as long as our spending is under control.

Our SPENDING is NOT under control.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I wonder what happened to "JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!" that we heard last November? If the 12-15 million long term unemployed were actually working instead of just taken off of the books, that extra tax and income from additional goods & services would take a huge bite out of our debt AND help our people. That's just too hard, I guess. They'd rather sit around and bitch about gun control and gay marriage instead of actually getting something accomplished.

Flash

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    As someone who draws SS I'm all for some type of reduction if we control spending and weed out corruption. My spouse and I have over 85 years combined total work life never drew any government benefits until SS. I know people 30-45 years of age now receiving more government benefits then we do. For me the question becomes how does a country survive with over 90 million people out of work and slightly over 1/3 of the population working and paying for the remaining population, simple math tells me it just cannot sustain itself.

This administration wants everyone dependent on government makes for controlled voters.Control spending, cut out waste /corruption return to a manufacturing base most of the problems will go be eliminated, but I wont hold my breath.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't mind certain tax increases or Social Security reform...as long as our spending is under control.

Our SPENDING is NOT under control.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

This. If they would get that damn spending under control, I'd be OK with some temporary tax increases to pay down the debt. But the first thing they need to do is curb spending to balance the budget.

And I'm sure we all know about "temporary" tax increases, right? Germans are still paying reunification tax.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Reduction in growth....

Only the Dems can see decreasing the increase as a cut...

Increasing spending by 6% instead of 7% is not cutting spending.

It's a ruse....don't fall for it..

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    So Obama wants to grant amnesty to millions of illegals, that will now be eligible for SS (and I'm sure are going to start taking quickly). So I'm sure his proposed cuts may be related to this, but won't even come close to making it work.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Reduction in growth....

Only the Dems can see decreasing the increase as a cut...

Increasing spending by 6% instead of 7% is not cutting spending.

It's a ruse....don't fall for it..

So is "unfunded tax cuts". I want to slap a bitch when I hear them use that phrase.

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I think Social Security should have just never existed! Let people decide whether they save for retirement or spend it!

Since I am a self-employed individual I pay around 15.30% for SS/Medicare of my business income. Why should I be paying for people now instead of my self?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yes it effects social security, but the real story is the manipulation of reported inflation. The CPI is already ridiculously skewed. They want to skew it even more to hide the ass raping your savings account, salary, and retirement fund is taking via inflation.

hoyeay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    How will they be eligible for SS if they have not contributed any money towards SS? Makes no sense...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes it effects social security, but the real story is the manipulation of reported inflation. The CPI is already ridiculously skewed. They want to skew it even more to hide the ass raping your savings account, salary, and retirement fund is taking via inflation.

And all that is going to catch up at some point down the road. Other countries can see it coming, and are dumping the dollar.

Top Bottom