illegal-immigration-protest-2010.jpg

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    https://americanpatriot.us/obamacare-gives-illegal-aliens-free-health-care/

And look at the sign the guy in the picture is holding up. Scroll down a bit and look on the right.

Curious, how is that any different than current laws? I work in health care. Trust me when I say plenty of people are getting free health care in the ER, legal or illegal.That's part of the reason the bill was passed; to cut down health care costs for treating the uninsured.

And ignore guys like the dude holding the sign. He's just an attention whore.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Curious, how is that any different than current laws? I work in health care. Trust me when I say plenty of people are getting free health care in the ER, legal or illegal.That's part of the reason the bill was passed; to cut down health care costs for treating the uninsured.

Idk, I know I was uninsured for a long time, and didn't go to the doctor for at least 5 years when I was sick, or whatever, because I could not afford it. I'm no expert on the financing of health care but I knew full well there was no way I would receive anything FREE. I'm an American after all.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"

Very true. You guys already know I work in health care also.

HOWEVER, I would love to have seen that guy in person. Its my duty to do a no questions asked ass beating on him. But then I would be outnumbered so Im screwed. lol

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

Idk, I know I was uninsured for a long time, and didn't go to the doctor for at least 5 years when I was sick, or whatever, because I could not afford it. I'm no expert on the financing of health care but I knew full well there was no way I would receive anything FREE. I'm an American after all.

Very true. You guys already know I work in health care also.

HOWEVER, I would love to have seen that guy in person. Its my duty to do a no questions asked ass beating on him. But then I would be outnumbered so Im screwed. lol

All 3 of you are right... There is a federal law known as EMTALA that requires hospitals to treat ANYONE, on an emergency basis, that walks through their door regardless of that person's citizenship, ability to pay, etc. Here is a summary from Wikipedia:

Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a huge drain our nation's hospitals, since their Emergency Rooms are now used like family practice clinics for those who are illegal/have no insurance. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to family practice clinics now that illegals will presumably be able to use them. If you thought getting a doctors appointment was ridiculous before... We're adding 10-15 million people to the system, and no extra doctors/hospitals/facilities. Do the math.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I can tell you i have worked at 4 different offices in my career so far. It is NOT abnormal for a patient to wait 1-2 hours post appointment time TO BE CALLED BACK. I worked for a surgeon in Indiana about 6 yrs ago and he would have 3-4 month wait for new patients and after lunch and towards the end of the day patients would be waiting 3-4 hours past appointment time. ITS normal but very unfortunate.

Due to docs wanting all the patients so they overbook. Due to patients needing to be seen regarding important matter and having to overbook. If you notice if you go to a D.O. and not a M.D. NORMALLY not always but normally they run on time or close to it and nothing like the above stated. IMO they care more honestly. They are still a M.D. but they actually look at the underlining reasons why what is happening is happening and not just give you a script to treat so they dont overbook ususally. Its becoming all about money now. it really is. How many patients can you see in one day and bill ins. How many nurses can you overwork and not allow them to give adequate care. Letting receptionist do nursing duties. Thats pathetic. Seen a office having a non clinical employee remove staples. Thats BS. Anyways, my rant is over

PHOTOSHOP comment: Now you say that im wondering if there was a lot of hate there why would there be so many american flags supporting america. I dunno

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Well you gotta learn from the aliens. Someone referred me to a clinic which has 2 options

1. Pay with insurance and wait loooooooong times
    2. Pay cash, pay less, get done super fast and you get high priority.

LMAO

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Curious, how is that any different than current laws? I work in health care. Trust me when I say plenty of people are getting free health care in the ER, legal or illegal.That's part of the reason the bill was passed; to cut down health care costs for treating the uninsured.And ignore guys like the dude holding the sign. He's just an attention whore.
    That's the STATED reason for Obamacare. But if that was their goal, a repeal of the law forcing ERs to treat would have been the solution. All Obamacare does is force me to buy a product I don't need, don't want and can't afford. The true reason for Obamacare is to line insurance companies' pockets. Once again, the little guy takes it in the butt...

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    Sage,
    I wish that the point of Obamacare was to line the insurance companies' pockets. In fact the opposite is true. As you stated, you cannot afford their product. So like many others you will pay the penalty to the government. Not to the insurance companies. Many small businesses and not so small businesses will drop their healthcare plans and many have already done so. This forces more uninsured and lowers private insurance companies profits. You are 100% correct that the Little Guy takes it in the butt. All this will do is force people to appeal to the government for their insurance coverage. Ultimately, this is the path that leads to a single government payer. Which will only make things worse. Let me give you an example.

I have a patient I saw last week. She has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. All pretty well controlled on medication and diet. She has no health insurance and pays out of pocket for all clinic visits, lab tests and medications. She works, she is monetarily poor. I work with her to keep her costs as low as I can, sometimes increasing the time between lab tests or other health maint. screening in order for her to save up enough money to pay at the time of service so she can obtain the 30% discount we give for payment at the time of service. Now, she cannot afford health insurance premiums so she will be forced to pay the government tax penalty. Who does that help? Not her. She will likely skip other health maint. needs in order to cover the tax. Now if they expand the medicaid system she might qualify (she doesn't currently qualify) which is the worst thing that could happen for her. Simply because there are no doctors in the county currently accepting new adult Medicaid. She would then have no healthcare. But what happens when the government then turns around and tells doctors that they MUST accept these patients and this insurance?

Well, like has already happened with many private physicians and the oppressive medicare rules, a lot of Docs will simply say, "Screw You. I don't work for the Government." And they will go to cash only or leave medicine. One local Family doc dropped all of his Medicare patients last year because he knew he could not afford to purchase an electronic medical record system for his single practice office. You see, Medicare will be cutting payments to any physicians who don't use an approved record system in the next 2 years. It is freaking scary.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Sage,
    I wish that the point of Obamacare was to line the insurance companies' pockets. In fact the opposite is true. As you stated, you cannot afford their product. So like many others you will pay the penalty to the government. Not to the insurance companies. Many small businesses and not so small businesses will drop their healthcare plans and many have already done so. This forces more uninsured and lowers private insurance companies profits. You are 100% correct that the Little Guy takes it in the butt. All this will do is force people to appeal to the government for their insurance coverage. Ultimately, this is the path that leads to a single government payer. Which will only make things worse. Let me give you an example.

I have a patient I saw last week. She has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. All pretty well controlled on medication and diet. She has no health insurance and pays out of pocket for all clinic visits, lab tests and medications. She works, she is monetarily poor. I work with her to keep her costs as low as I can, sometimes increasing the time between lab tests or other health maint. screening in order for her to save up enough money to pay at the time of service so she can obtain the 30% discount we give for payment at the time of service. Now, she cannot afford health insurance premiums so she will be forced to pay the government tax penalty. Who does that help? Not her. She will likely skip other health maint. needs in order to cover the tax. Now if they expand the medicaid system she might qualify (she doesn't currently qualify) which is the worst thing that could happen for her. Simply because there are no doctors in the county currently accepting new adult Medicaid. She would then have no healthcare. But what happens when the government then turns around and tells doctors that they MUST accept these patients and this insurance?

Well, like has already happened with many private physicians and the oppressive medicare rules, a lot of Docs will simply say, "Screw You. I don't work for the Government." And they will go to cash only or leave medicine. One local Family doc dropped all of his Medicare patients last year because he knew he could not afford to purchase an electronic medical record system for his single practice office. You see, Medicare will be cutting payments to any physicians who don't use an approved record system in the next 2 years. It is freaking scary.

As a physician he stated that better than I could. Very unfortunate. I have seen docs over the last 4-5 years completly stop taking MCR new patients all together. They kept paying the docs less and less money on office visit charges, injections, everything to do with medicine that has a cost. I dont blame the docs for doing this. Its very unfortunate. Currently I work at a office that DOES NOT take medicare but does take medicaid. FYI single unpregnant americans do not get medicaid unless they are disabled. Some people think everyone is qualified and it just depends on your finances. Not true. Me being a single man can never get it regardless what my income is unless I am disabled. Thank god its there for people with disabilites because if not more humans would be weeded out of this world due to the goverment. They already are killing off the older community with Medicare. I.E. Doc aboves patient he described does not get the adequate care that a doctor can give if the goverment would not scrutinize everything and basically tell drs how to be a dr and what a patient needs and what they dont need.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sage,

I can see that happening, too.

Personally, I don't really have any maintenance needs; I seem to have dodged the bullet with the high blood pressure that runs on my dad's side (he was already on meds for it when he was my age), so I just use a cash doctor those few times I need one, and carry "oops-I-broke-my-leg" insurance because it costs next to nothing.

One thing the people that like Obamacare don't get is that there are people out there who legitimately don't need the kind of insurance we're having pushed on us.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I'll be perfectly honest, all this technical "medical jargon" I hear when people talk about Obamacare (and when people get into deep discussions of economics), is above my head. I wonder if someone can give me an honest and objective explanations of Obamacare, what changes I will see in my own life because of it, and then tell me what the contraversial and contested parts of Obamacare are, with arguments from both those who support and/or oppose it. Because right now, pretty much all I know (or think I know), is that Obamacare equates to the federal government telling you you HAVE TO purchase health insurance, or you will be penalized (taxed). And then there is this thing about giving free health care to illegal immigrants. Both of which I am 100% sure I disagree with. But what confuses me is articles like this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/us/politics/perry-says-texas-rejects-health-law-intrusions.html

Are people really that much in favor of the fed telling you you MUST purchase health insurance? Does that somehow make them more insurable? Is it because they need someone to force them to get health insurance, for them to have enough incentive to do it? Kinda like some people need to be forced to spend years in prison, to give them an incentive not to commit crime?

Where people argue that Houston is 30% uninsured and Perry rejecting Obamacare's medicaid expansion is denying billions in federal funding to Texas. Am I correct in assuming that the federal government is holding funds (funds that are just as much Texass' as any other state) hostage unless Texas agrees to force its residents to buy health insurance? I'd love to know what else is included (preferably in simple terminology that the common man, who doesn't have a ton of experience with doctors and hospitals, which I am grateful for, could understand).

Mainly what I am wondering is why are people in support of it, and why are people against it. Like I said, an objective summary would really help me to make an informed decision on where I stand on this VERY confusing piece of legislation.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Holding funds back was actually the one part the court tossed. And yes, there are a bunch of people in the US who demand someone tell them how to live...

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Holding funds back was actually the one part the court tossed. And yes, there are a bunch of people in the US who demand someone tell them how to live...

I see. Maybe those people should all pack up and move to "Obamaland" because those of us who value our independence have always refused to live like that, and will continue to refuse to live like that. I guess mixing them with people like us, in society, is like mixing oil and water. One way or another, they'll be separated. If people demand someone tell them how to live, more power to them, but I'll be damned if they demand someone tell me how to live too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom