• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Negative.
    Somewhere along the way a politician(s) / law maker(s) decided we could no longer OC handguns for whatever reason.
    FWIW, I think the OCT crowd acted stupidly, but then again we have politicians who are but hurt and won't do the right thing. F'em, F'em all.

Exactly.

If their opinion was swayed so easily then they were never on board to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Military Camp

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Politicians of all stripes love being re-elected.

There are several people here that expressed displeasure with the restaurant shenanigans who own machineguns and enjoy blowing up cars with explosives for pete's sake.

When even these gun owners believe OCT is acting irresponsibly, there's a pretty good chance the average voter is turned off by it too.

Finger banging their guns while not on the shooting line, magazines inserted with actions closed and pointing them in unsafe directions... that kind of behavior would get you thrown out of a gun range. What did those rocket scientists expect would happen when they do it in an eatery full of soccer moms, kids and hippies?

The reps who want to be re-elected will naturally steer clear of anything to do with Open Carry now.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    TSRA professional lobbyists have said Open Carry of handguns is no longer in consideration for the 2015 legislative session mostly due to the antics of those jackasses.
    Here we go with the petty spitefulness again. Here's a brief history of TSRA's stance on open carry...

2009: No one wants open carry! You open carry people are pushy assholes!

2011: Our members don't want open carry. We're focused on campus carry.

2013: Open carry is a factor.

2015: No one wants open carry! You open carry people are pushy assholes!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    <sigh>

Its over. Deal with it.

Placing blame does nothing to further a cause.
    You can close the gate, but if the cows are out, pointing fingers doesn't yield any milk.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Here we go with the petty spitefulness again. Here's a brief history of TSRA's stance on open carry...

2009: No one wants open carry! You open carry people are pushy $#@!s!

2011: Our members don't want open carry. We're focused on campus carry.

2013: Open carry is a factor.

2015: No one wants open carry! You open carry people are pushy $#@!s!

I'm glad somebody remembers

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Finger banging their guns while not on the shooting line, magazines inserted with actions closed and pointing them in unsafe directions... that kind of behavior would get you thrown out of a gun range. What did those rocket scientists expect would happen when they do it in an eatery full of soccer moms, kids and hippies?

This is my biggest beef with this OCT group. If you want to introduce people to OC, do it the right way. You'll have to convince the general populace that gun owners are not a bunch of cowboy yahoos. By acting like a bunch of cowboy yahoos, they just made that job a whole lot harder. It basically convinced many that the narrative pushed by the bed wetters is correct. The fact they affirmed the narrative of the gun grabber bed wetters is the one thing I think people latch on to when they say this group are agents of the bed wetters. I don't believe they are. I just think they're "useful idiots".

And I've heard from some who work CHL legislation that instead of bringing up OC in the next TX legislative session, they're going to have to spend a lot of political capital fighting back an effort to get rid of the 30.06 posting requirement. So ANY 'no guns' sign becomes legal notice. Even the insipid 'gun busters' sign. So instead of making gains this session, the best we can hope for is to not lose ground. THAT is what these yahoos have done.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Exactly.

If their opinion was swayed so easily then they were never on board to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Politicians are generally not on board with armed serfs. This is both major parties. What they are on board with is being reelected. If negative publicity from unkempt, scraggly looking dorks with long guns held in the low ready get business owners to call their local reps, then it is a loss for those who do not go out seeking attention.

Remember, OC was a "slam dunk" until OCT started their shenanigans.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Why doesn't the TSRA lobbyist tell us which reps are changing their minds so we can start calling them.

Lavender and Patterson: Open Carry demonstrations could backfire - Texas Politics

Start with George Lavender, sponsor of the last 2 open carry bills that failed to pass. Even he says these knuckleheads are sabotaging what should have been a 'slam dunk' in 2015.

If OC becomes completely toxic and he decides to just drop the bill it's over.

The House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety will have to approve any bill before it can come up for a full vote.
    http://www.house.state.tx.us/committees/committee/?committee=420&session=83

On the Senate side it will come up for vote first in the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Rural Affairs & Homeland Security.
    http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/senate/commit/c505/c505.htm

Last edited:

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I have seen many a post from super liberal anti-gunners stating things like "If you want to open carry, just get a pistol! Then you wouldn't scare everyone with an assault rifle! No one needs to open carry these assault weapons, why don't they just demonstrate with a handgun!"

or "They just want to carry assault rifles to scare everyone, if they really cared about open carry do it with a hand gun!"

... kind of shocking, but it comes up over and over again. Almost the same statements. Thanks to the lovely media, people seem to think mass crime happens with ARs and AKs, and somehow not handguns nearly as much.

Child shot on accident? IT WAS THE FAULT OF AN AR!
    Guy walks around with an 870 with black furniture? AR-15 SHOTGUN!
    Guy has a under over skeet/trap gun with lots of wood and no 'scary' furniture? Must be a hunter, he's ok.
    Guy dresses well and has a handgun? Must be a cop, he's ok.

Open carry with an AR is fighting a war on two fronts. Both need to happen, but it's not the most tactical way to do it. (See what I did there.)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is true. We need to get handgun OC passed so we can demonstrate with handguns:p

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    This is true. We need to get handgun OC passed so we can demonstrate with handguns:p
    I bet the first group that enters a chain restaurant with an exposed sidearm, will be treated the same as OCT's open rifle carry. be careful what you wish for, you might get it. Than when the left calls you Redneck Bozo, you might get what they're where trying to do in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom