• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    YGBSM! Just another reason to avoid Bracken (as if there weren't already a few) as well as any other range that enforces such a idiotic rule! Offhand shooting is essential training, and not allowing it is ridiculous! I would argue that I shoot with both hands...

By the way, if you do shoot at Bracken stop at the Bracken Store Cafe (18415 Bracken Drive) for lunch afterward! Some of, if not the best, burgers in SA! It's less than a two minute drive from the range...

Cheers! M2

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Fewer and fewer local ranges are allowing you to shoot a rifle offhand. Bracken is now enforcing that rule. That sucks.

Not a big fan of Bracken, I like Cedar Ridge, Greg might be a bit hard on newcomers, but as long as your round goes where it is intended, i.e. in the target, you shouldn't have a problem with off hand, no hand or under hand!!!

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    The thing I like about Bracken is that most of their pistol line and their entire rifle line are covered spots separated by chicken wire to keep your neighbors rounds from pelting you in the head. However, I'm a firm believer in shooting offhand, so I guess I'll have to try Cedar Ridge. I've never been there before.

I've been to the county range which is so poorly maintained as to be laughable, and BulletHole (also prohibits offhand shooting on the 100-yard range) which IMHO is a dangerous place to shoot.

Top Bottom