Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Captain Nieves Fernandez shows an American soldier how she would kill Japanese sentries with only a bolo during World War II.
    oJ0mxhb.jpg

One of several female guerrilla leaders during World War II, Captain Nieves Fernandez—who also happened to be a schoolteacher in her native Tacloban, Leyte—commanded a group of Filipino guerrillas against occupying Japanese forces during the war. Using mostly crude weapons such as homemade shotguns (“paltiks”) and whatever else they could pilfer from the enemy, Nieves and her group made life hell for the Japanese, killing 200 of them during the resistance. It got so bad for the Japanese that they had to put a 10,000-peso bounty on her head. However, the hardy Fernandez later survived the war with nothing more than a scar from a bullet wound in her right forearm.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    One of several female guerrilla leaders during World War II, Captain Nieves Fernandez—who also happened to be a schoolteacher in her native Tacloban, Leyte—commanded a group of Filipino guerrillas against occupying Japanese forces during the war.
    It would be prudent to note that some Filipinos fought for the Japanese. And there were a few Spanish plantations that were treated as neutral ground by both sides; their owners tended to profit by working both sides against the middle.

What a complicated mess that was. Like all wars, I suppose.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Remington 11?
    Probably so. I just read the book on Frank Hamer and Bonnie and Clyde had Remington 11's.

My 93 year old Dad just gave my daughter his Remington 11-48 that he got in '49.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom