• 20220618_133125.jpg
      20220618_133125.jpg
      308 KB · Views: 47

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    Interesting about A&W. Really popular place to hang out in the 70's. Hardly see them anymore in the States, but while I was in Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto this past week saw a bunch of them. Several looked brand new. Love that Root Beer!!!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Interesting about A&W. Really popular place to hang out in the 70's. Hardly see them anymore in the States, but while I was in Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto this past week saw a bunch of them. Several looked brand new. Love that Root Beer!!!
    Didn't the girls have roller skates? I remember the little mug of root beer for kids.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    In the 70s we'd go to the Pig stand for a sandwich and then to A & W for root-beer in a frosted mug and eat the sandwich in the A & W parking lot. At the time they were just a few blocks from each other on Broadway in San Antonio. That A & W is gone but the Pig Stand is still there.

There are a few A & W burger places in San Antonio but I don't know if they serve the root-beer in frosted mugs.

ratio3x2_1200.jpg

courtesy-of-pig-stand.jpeg

Top Bottom