• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Interesting history on the Beech Starship. One of the first commercial aircraft to be made of mostly composites. I think only 5 are still in flyable condition. 2 live in Texas at Addison View attachment 374780

Yeah, ahead of its time. A few years ago Beech tried to buy all of them up because they were losing money on warranty repairs. Every Starship that Beech (now owned by Raytheon) bought was destroyed. The 5 remaining owners refused to sell, and they've apparently sourced replacement parts to keep their planes flying.

ARJ Defense ad

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Yeah, ahead of its time. A few years ago Beech tried to buy all of them up because they were losing money on warranty repairs. Every Starship that Beech (now owned by Raytheon) bought was destroyed. The 5 remaining owners refused to sell, and they've apparently sourced replacement parts to keep their planes flying.

Beech, or whatever is left of it, is no longer part of Raytheon. Raytheon decided it made a mistake getting into the aircraft business, and divested itself of Raytheon Aircraft. I was with an aircraft mod company that was part of the sale around early 2000s.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    1677523348097.png

Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    I heard the story about the UFO crash in Aurora Tx and always wanted to find out more. I found the (supposed) unmarked gravesite in the Aurora cemetery, of the alien pilot that was recovered from his craft in 1897

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227-130402_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20230227-130402_Gallery.jpg
      303.8 KB · Views: 57
    Top Bottom