• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Although not exciting-lookng, this was the best Mustang ever built; mine was white. I took it straight to a body shop to have the giant orange cobra decal removed from the hood.

It had an actual Offenhauser blueprinted turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, very light body, gas shocks, mag wheels, racing suspension, special tires (BFG racing tires; or, maybe Pirelli’s) & 5 speed manual.

Saved my life one night in 1979. Was South-bound on U59/IH69, returning to Houston from working the E.D. in Lufkin. Some genius had left a black Ford sedan in the inside lane, no lights or markers. I saw it late, just in time to jerk the steering wheel to the right, not even time to pray at some 80mph. Like magic, the little car just jumped into the right lane, not even a burp or tire squeal. I don’t think that any other Mustang could have done that, nor a twice-the-price Corvette. Maybe a Porsche 911 ?

I’m like those who sold their Python or 70 series Gold Cup too soon & too cheaply; wish I still had the ”Little Car that Could” !

leVieux

1685551077108.jpeg

1685551253745.jpeg
    Gun Zone Deals

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    <>

Although not exciting-lookng, this was the best Mustang ever built; mine was white. I took it straight to a body shop to have the giant orange cobra decal removed from the hood.

It had an actual Offenhauser blueprinted turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, very light body, gas shocks, mag wheels, racing suspension, special tires (BFG racing tires; or, maybe Pirelli’s) & 5 speed manual.

Saved my life one night in 1979. Was South-bound on U59/IH69, returning to Houston from working the E.D. in Lufkin. Some genius had left a black Ford sedan in the inside lane, no lights or markers. I saw it late, just in time to jerk the steering wheel to the right, not even time to pray at some 80mph. Like magic, the little car just jumped into the right lane, not even a burp or tire squeal. I don’t think that any other Mustang could have done that, nor a twice-the-price Corvette. Maybe a Porsche 911 ?

I’m like those who sold their Python or 70 series Gold Cup too soon & too cheaply; wish I still had the ”Little Car that Could” !

leVieux

View attachment 389869
    View attachment 389871

Top Bottom