• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    We have a few threads about e-cigs, I thought it time to make a central thread about them. Post up your brand and personal experience with e-cigs and vaporizers.

I just received my v2 e-cig starter kit. Let's start with contents.

Everything came in a small box about the size of a soda can, inside was: 2 batteries, 10 cartomizers, a USB charger, and a wall charger. Also came with a coupon for 15% off your next order.

Cost: the starter kit was $72.00

Taste: I chose the red (cowboy flavor) it tastes about like Marlboro ultralight. In the beginning it's kind of harsh like kimber_me_timbers told me it would be, my first hit I choked like momma cass choking on a ham sandwich lol. After awhile it gets better and you get the same throat hit as a Marlboro light. Also 1 cartomizer is supposed equal 2-3 packs of cigarettes.

Function: Takes awhile to get a good method down. After you figure it out you get a good draw and decent smoke/vapor production.

Battery life: I haven't had it long enough to go through a whole battery.

Batteries: you have a choice from v2 between short, standard, and long also you have a choice between manual or auto batteries. I chose the standard battery 1-manual 1-auto. so far I prefer the manual battery.

Warning: a person can easily over due it with one of these since the smoke has no nasty smell. As most everyone knows I'm laid up in bed with a bad ankle so I've been puffing on my e-cig all day inside and ended up with a bit of a head ache.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and please post up your own experiences.
    Texas SOT

NightTrainHD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Richmond, Tx
    I started with an E-GoT. Worked just fine but kept hearing about variable voltage so using an Infinity Pro. Running 4.75 volts on a 1.5ohm DC carto. Massive amounts of vapor and flavor. I went from two packs of Marlboro Reds a day to 4-5 cigs a day on the first day. Finally at no regular cigs. If I do smoke one it is nasty. I stopped using tobacco flavors and now mix my own weird mixtures. Here is my sig banner on one of the ecig forums.
    sig1.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The flavor I received was supposed to be cowboy killer but it's more like a light to be honest. I order everything online but I'm pretty sure the have fruit flavors.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    have you guys seen that site that lets you create your own flavors with the online favour creator thing? as well as whether you want it in vegetable glycerine or propylene glycol or any mix of the two - (i like mine 100% VG - it give super thick creamy smoke like vapor and is smoother and IMHO transmits flavour more readily.)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    also witha simple syringe those disposable cartomizers can easily be refilled and used quite a long time.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    have you guys seen that site that lets you create your own flavors with the online favour creator thing? as well as whether you want it in vegetable glycerine or propylene glycol or any mix of the two - (i like mine 100% VG - it give super thick creamy smoke like vapor and is smoother and IMHO transmits flavour more readily.)

I have not, this interests me.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Tastyvapor.us has that option as well.

Freedomsmokeusa is my favorite though. 120 ml bottles of liquid for 40 bucks and more selection than you WANT to try. One of my buds SWEARS the baby back ribs flavor they have is awesome, but I refuse to vape it! LoL

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Happy to see these e-cig discussions as I have converted and become a big advocate.
    My wife and I started with e-cigs using the Joye 510 and were able to leave normal cigs (nicknamed analog) behind but quickly found the 510 disappointing in vapor production/throat hit/and ease of draw. We then upgraded to the Ego Mega which was a huge improvement.
    Recently we switched to Ego Mega-T and have been pleased with the simpler function but do occasionally have leakage which is annoying. I've found that filling the 2ml tank cartridges to halfway avoids the leaks pretty well.

We use manual batteries and I can go 1.5 days on one before swapping to a charged one, though the wife "vapes" more heavily and uses almost 2 batteries a day.

I like the 555 tobacco flavor but have tried many awesome flavors such as pb and chocolate, butter rum (yum), and the wife was stuck on cappuccino for a long time but gave up on it as it caused atomizers to gum up a bit. We avoid the VG based juices out of concern for the gumming up issue.

Favorite store to order from is litecigusa.net and the Ego Mega starter kit (affiliate link) (2 900mah batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 filled cartridges, usb and wall charger) is a wonderful bargain at $60 (about the price of a carton of Marlboros last time I bought) and this seller ships fast and is great about replacement if you happen to get anything that doesn't work as can rarely occur with atomizers.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    thanks dom, ill check out that starter kit. im sure ill end up buying some sort of starter kit here shortly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using FD10

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Happy to share Shooter, every smoker should seriously look at trying these out. As long as you get a decent kit, it is easy to drop normal cigs.
    All the cheapie little e-cigs sold all over in malls and tobacco shops are just disappointing to most people who first try them so they go back to cigs and write off e-cigs to their detriment.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ok, looking at all these ecigs stuff online today, trying to order my first kit is giving me a headache. im trying to find a decent review site to pick my first start kit? any recommendations for a good site for that? i also see options for pg/vg/mg. obviously, i need to also look up here in a bit how much nicotine a marlboro red has before i order something like say a 24mg one. HELP!

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Save the hassle and go with the kit I linked Shooter, it is a perfect starter kit. Just order a couple 16mg tobacco flavor juices like 555 or the Marlboro Red version and then you will get enough of an idea to adjust as you like in the future.
    Also get some of the syringe tips for the juice bottles and an actual syringe as you will probably prefer the bottle tips usually but the syringe comes in handy and they are cheap enough to not worry about.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Type A holds less than type B.
    The kit I linked will come with type b cartridges.

If you eventually want to try the Ego-T (tank cartridges) you just buy an atomizer and pack of cartridges of the same type.

Top Bottom