Military Camp

Official SHOT Show 2011 Thread - Who's going? Post pictures and commentary in here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I am getting ready for SHOT Show 2011. We will be travelling next week and uploading photos and video as we go.

Who is going?

Is there anything you want me to look at while I am there?
    ARJ Defense ad

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Consider yourself a lucky individual to attend. Attending the SHOT Show is on my bucket list.
    I would like a full report....

Any news about Bushmaster ACR caliber change options would be appreciated. I am interested in the 6.8 or a .300 BLK if someone is marketing them.

Thanks in advance!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have been talking to Surefire reps about their new suppressors for a few months, but I didn't say anything becasue it wasn't public knowlege until now.

Surefire is coming out with 2 new .22 suppressors and a Mini 5.56 for tactical entry temas.

The two suppressors are take apart cans. This means that the cans are user-servicable and will likely last a lifetime! The cans include a take down tool and a pusher rod.

The cans design is different from other take apart cans: The baffles lock together and are pulled tight as the endcap is tightened.

I expect the cans to be quiet.

The 22-A is titanium and weighs 2oz! The next lightest .22 take apart can that I know of is the prodigy and it weighs 3.7oz! This is a game changer in the weight department.

The MSRP of the 22-A is $499.00. This is aimed directly at AAC's Element ($595.00) and Prodigy ($495.00)!

The 22-S isStainless and is expected to handle FN's 5.7 round and reports have sugesteed it will weigh around 5oz. Its MSRP will be $439.00. This can is obviously aimed right at the SWR Spectre ($500.00) and the Sparrow.

I plan on taking photos at Shot Show and posting them here.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    STI please!

Is the show held in different places every year? or always in Vegas? There are several events I would like to be able to put on my calendar..

Have fun...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    MY FFL is goin' - the bum! He's gonna git it when he gits back - I've got 2 guns on the way to him......but if he brings me back a nice souvenir, ah'll think about forgivin' him. (you readin' this, Tip?!??) hissyfit.jpg icon_lolsign.jpg

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I am getting ready for SHOT Show 2011. We will be travelling next week and uploading photos and video as we go.

Who is going?

Is there anything you want me to look at while I am there?

I'd like to see some of the 1911's by different manufacturers for the century edition

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'd been planning to go all year, but had too many things come up. Sucks too as now I'm going to be chastised by all my buds who've been dying for me to add them as a guest.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I will be there.

I plan to have a few words with Kel Tec on what their problem is. They can't even get the RFB into full production, yet they try to advertise the new South African-ripoff shotgun they are going to try and sell.

I also plan to meet Jesse Abbate and see if she will autograph my Glock. My ultimate hope is that Lucy Pinder will be there as part of the Hot Shots 2011 calendar girls...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Checked in at the ARIA.

Anyone interested in a get together in Vegas on Wednesday or thursday?

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Want information on the Beretta arx160 and also whether or not the sg 551 is going to be back again from Sig. They did a 250 piece special run, but alot of people would love to see it become mainstream.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Want information on the Beretta arx160 and also whether or not the sg 551 is going to be back again from Sig. They did a 250 piece special run, but alot of people would love to see it become mainstream.

I saw the ARX160 last year. It is a very nice rifle and well thought out. However, Beretta is full of dumb people considering they will not make it here in the U.S. so it can have all the evil features. Hell, they won't even import the thing in a neutered configuration. Despite their short-sightedness, it blows away the competition (ACR, SCAR, etc).

If you have any specific questions, just ask...I did spend a lot of time with it.

Top Bottom